Geographic Information System (GIS) Market Outlook – 2027
A Geographic Information System (GIS) is a system that is used for managing, gathering, and analyzing data. Its roots lie in the science of geography and it integrates various types of data. GIS helps in revealing deeper insights into data such as relationships, patterns, and situations, which help end users make right and smarter decisions. In short it can be said that it is a framework to communicate, organize, and understand science of the world.
Thus, they find their applications in surveying, location-based services, mapping, and telematics & navigation in industries such as agriculture, utilities, government, and healthcare. The global market is experiencing a significant growth, and will grow considerably in next few years.
The global geographic information system (GIS) market is segmented on the basis of offering, application, end user, and region. Based on offering, the geographic information system (GIS) market is divided into hardware, software, and services. In terms of application, the market is categorized into surveying, location-based services, mapping, telematics & navigation, and others. On the basis of end user, the market is segregated into mining, oil & gas, transportation, construction, agriculture, utilities, government, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global geographic information system (GIS) industry include Bentley Systems Inc., Hexagon AB, Autodesk Inc., Topcon Corporation, Maxar technologies, Trimble Inc., Environmental Systems Research institute Inc., Pitney Bowes, Caliper Corporation, Schneider Electric, and Others. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global market.
Top Impacting Factors
The major driving factors for the growth of geographic information systems are the increasing usage of cloud technology and the increasing accessibility of spatial data. The other factors that drive the market are increasing infrastructural developments such as water and land management, smart cities, utility and urban planning. Moreover, advanced GIS technologies such as integrated location-based data services and geo analytics boost the geographic information system (GIS) market growth.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
ArcGIs Pro 2.3 is the latest GIS software which was launched by Esri in the year 2019. It was launched with updated features than the previous versions which includes improved analysis, workflows for mapping and data management. The system can launch ArcGIS pro faster than before because of the redesigned and improved start-up experience and no need for creating a project. It includes a new deep learning tool set, color ramps for polygon outlines and advanced tools for measuring and interpolating 3D data which helps to get deeper insights of data. Thus, this product flourished the market.
Surge in Usage By Governments
There is a surge in the adoption of geographic information systems by governments, owing to its various applications in areas such as urban and rural planning, community planning and availing information on natural calamities and others. The major users of the data based and digital geographic information systems solutions are governments developed countries, however governments of developing countries have also started investing in these systems due to its various advantages related to planning and organizing any project.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global geographic information system (GIS) market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global geographic information system (GIS) market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global geographic information system (GIS) market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global geographic information system (GIS) market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Global GIS market has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have led to decline in demand for analog semiconductors.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new geographic information systems as workers have stayed in their homes, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on this market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for geographic information systems are gradually going to increase.
- This COVID-19 lockdown would help companies think about more advanced geographic information systems to enhance efficiency.
Questions Answered in the Geographic Information System (GIS) Market Research Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the global GIS market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the geographic information system (GIS) market size?
- How current geographic information system (GIS) market trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the GIS market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Geographic Information System (GIS) Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Computer Aided Development Corporation Ltd., Maxar Technologies Inc., Esri, Bentley Systems Inc., Caliper Corporation, Hi-Target Surveying Instrument Co. Ltd., Harris Corporation, Pitney Bowes Inc., Trimble Inc., SuperMap Software Co.