Geogrid is a geo-synthetic material formed by joining intersecting ribs and is used to stabilize terrain. Geogrids are mainly made up of polymers such as polypropylene, high-density polyethylene, and polyester. They are used as a base reinforcement, to reinforce retaining walls, and subsoils below roads or structures. These are available in three typeshomogeneous-type geogrid, textile-like geogrid, and laser-made geogrid. The digging up of sub-grade from other area and then filling up the required area with that soil is a very time taking and expensive practice. Geogrids are used as a replacement material for this practice. Its remarkable property, such as minimal elongation with high tensile strength and tensile modulus makes it applicable to be used as a reinforcement material.
Increase in the infrastructure developmental activities in emerging countries has led to the increase in the demand for geogrid in the market. Geogrids exceptional properties such as light weight, easy handling and high-temperature stability are the other key drivers of the market. However, patent restrictions and inefficient R&D majorly hinders the growth during the forecast period.
The report segments the geogrid market on the basis of application and geography. On the basis of application, the market is segmented into road industry, railroad stabilization, soil reinforcement, and others. As geogrids minimize the maintenance of roads, entrances, and laydown areas, road industry forms its major market. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. Asia-Pacific is expected to register the maximum growth in terms of both value and volume in the market followed by North America.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Low & Bonar PLC, Royal Ten Cate N.V., Officine Maccaferri SPA, Huesker Synthetic GmbH, Strata Systems, Inc., ACE Geosynthetics, Carthage Mills, Inc, Asahi-Kasei Geotech, Tensar International Corporation, Tenax SPA, Naue GmbH & Co. Kg, and Propex Operating Company LLC is also provided in this report. On June 2016, A. Merante Contracting Inc. constructed a reinforced geogrid wall with an investment of $590,000.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global geogrid market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2014 and 2022.
- Geographically, the geogrid market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of geogrids) helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within geogrid market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps understand the behavior of the market.
- Key players within the geogrid market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand competitive outlook of the global geogrid market.
GEOGRIDMARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
- Road Industry
- Railroad Stabilization
- Soil Reinforcement
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA