Geriatric care devices are used for planning healthcare management and coordinating care of the aged population and people with physical or mental impairments. These products comfort the daily activities of aged people, provide them with long-term care needs, and enhance their quality of life. These devices include wheelchairs, walkers, and adult diapers for daily routine. Geriatric care devices promote nursing at home level.
The factors that drive the geriatric care devices market include rise in geriatric population; increase in prevalence of medical complications such as respiratory, neurological, orthopedic, and cardiovascular diseases; and technological advancements such as evolution of specialty robots that help aged people in their routine activities. Moreover, growth in demand for home care services and increase in healthcare expenditure fuel the market growth.
However, high costs of these products and high risk of accidents restrain the market growth. Advancement in healthcare infrastructure, increase in requirements of a quality life by senior citizens, and development of federal healthcare reforms in emerging countries are expected to boost the market growth in the near future.
The market is segmented based on into product, end user, and region. On the basis of product, the market is categorized into mobility assistance aids, assistive furniture, bathroom safety & assistive products, and communication aids. Mobility assistance aids segment is further divided into wheelchairs, patient mechanical lift handling, mobility scooters, walkers & rollators, crutches & canes, and others. Assistive furniture segment is subsegmented into medical beds, riser reclining chairs, door openers, railings & bar, and others.
Bathroom safety & assistive products segment is divided into ostomy products, commode chairs, shower chairs, and others. Communication aids segment is segmented into speech & writing therapy devices, hearing aids, and vision & reading aids. Hearing aids is further classified into receiver-in-the-ear (RITE) aids, canal hearing aids, cochlear implants, behind-the-ear (BTE) aids, bone anchored hearing aids (BAHA), and in-the-ear (ITE) aids. Whereas, vision & reading aids is sub segmented into reading machines, video magnifiers, braille translators, and others. By end user, the market is categorized into hospitals, elderly nursing home, homecare, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating of this market include Cardinal Health, Invacare Corporation, Kimberly-Clark, Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget, Unicharm Corporation, Sunrise Medical LLC, Nippon Paper, Inc., Medline Industries, Inc., Medical Depot, Inc., and Mobility Aids Sales & Services.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global geriatric care devices market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global biologic response modifiers market from 2016 to 2023, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the geriatric care devices market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand the competitive outlook of the geriatric care devices market.
Geriatric Care Devices Market Keysegments:
- Mobility Assistance Aids
- Patient Mechanical Lift Handling
- Mobility Scooters
- Walkers & Rollators
- Crutches & Canes
- Assistive Furniture
- Medical Beds
- Riser Reclining Chairs
- Door Openers
- Railings & Bar
- Bathroom Safety & Assistive Products
- Ostomy Products
- Commodes Chairs
- Shower Chairs
- Communication Aids
- Speech & Writing Therapy Devices
- Hearing Aids
- Receiver-in-the-ear (RITE) Aids
- Canal Hearing Aids
- Cochlear Implants
- Behind-the-ear (BTE) Aids
- Bone Anchored Hearing Aids (BAHA)
- In-the-ear (ITE) Aids
- Vision & Reading Aids
- Reading Machines
- Video Magnifiers
- Braille Translators
By End User
- Elderly Nursing Homes
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA