Germanium Market Analysis
Germanium is a weak slivery-grayish-white metalloid, which has properties between metals and non-metals. It is seen as a remarkable earth metal. Germanium has a similar structure to a diamond with similar chemical and physical properties to silicone. It is primarily used as a semiconductor inferable from its electrical properties, low optical dissipating, high refractive record, and integrity to infrared electromagnetic radiation. It is essentially a byproduct of zinc ore processing. Germanium is replicated as a result from sphalerite zinc metals where it is concentrated in high amount as 0.3%, particularly from low-temperature sediment facilitated. It is also found in silver, lead, and copper ores. In addition, ashes from coal power plant also contain considerable percentage of germanium.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected many industries, including chemical.
- The germanium market has witnessed sluggish growth in 2020 due to decline in demand as well as supply crunch as a result of non-operational nature of industries across the globe. This is mainly driven by lockdown practices implemented by governments to stop the spread of the virus.
- Moreover, production of germanium has been hampered due to the pandemic situation, which is leading to a wide gap between supply and demand.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis:
Pure germanium is hard and comes off very lustrous. It doesn’t get affected by alkalis and acid, except nitric acid and stays stable in air and water. The global germanium market has witnessed moderate growth due to the product’s limited application across various industries. Germanium ores are distributed in Russia, China, and the U.S. China is the market leader in terms of production as it is the largest producer a result of availability of raw material, cheap labor costs, and highly equipped manufacturing plants.
The improvement of germanium transistor has developed the way for numerous applications of solid-state gadgets. This has offered potential development chances to the germanium market. Additionally, interest for germanium in fiber optics correspondence systems, infrared night vision frameworks, and polymerization impetuses expanded altogether. These applications account majority utilization of germanium and contribute to the growth of the market. The solar installation sector is widening at a rapid rate due to government incentives, thereby offering profitable growth opportunities to the germanium market. As a result, usage of germanium substrates in the production of the energy from sun is expected to increase substantially. Germanium is required to be used as a catalyst for PET, which is used in the manufacturing of plastic bottles and food containers. Therefore, growing PET production further acts as a growth influencer for germanium.
Staggering cost, tight supply, and wellbeing risks related to the product are expected to hamper the development of the global germanium market during the estimated time frame. Several of the production units in China had to be shut down due to concerns related to the environment. In addition, the availability of silicone as a substitute further acts as a market restraint.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the germanium market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the germanium market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the germanium market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the germanium market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Germanium Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Teck, PPM Pure Metals GmbH, Umicore N.V., Shaoguan Smelting Plant, Yunnan Lincang Xinyuan Germanium Industry Co. Ltd, Yunnan Luoping Zinc & Electricity Co. Ltd, JSC Germanium, Hangzhou Zhonghao Technology Co. Ltd, Yunnan Chihong Zinc & Germanium Co. Ltd, China Germanium Co. Ltd