Giardiasis is a type of protozoan infection and also termed as Beaver Fever. Giardiasis is disease condition caused by Giardia Duodenalis also known as G. lamblia and G. intestinalis. About 10% of population who got infected by giardiasis showed no symptoms. Moreover, this disease shows symptoms like diarrhea, abdominal pain, & weight loss. It is generally spread due to contaminated food & water. Giardiasis can be detected by diagnosis of stool samples. Primary condition of this disease can be cured without medication. Metronidazole, Tinidazole, Secnidazole, and Ornidazole are prescribed for treatment of giardiasis.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This in turn is expected to have a significant impact on the giardiasis treatment market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in water pollution in developing countries, rise in consumption of unhygienic foods, lack of water treatment procedures in rural areas, rise in number of giardiasis diseases across the globe, and lack of sanitization practices are the key factors that drive the growth of the market.
- In addition, ongoing research and development activities related to treatment of giardiasis disease, favourable reimbursement policies by governments, emerging modern healthcare technology in developing countries, rise in investment on developing infrastructures, private funding to launch effective diagnosis & treatment on giardiasis, and continuous strategic developments by key market players are expected to boost the growth of the market.
- However, side effects related to use of anti-protozoan drugs and ignorance related to treatment of giardiasis can restrain the growth of the market.
- Contrarily, government initiatives for spreading awareness for treatment of giardiasis and reoccurrence of giardiasis diseases are expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the expansion of the market.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
In 2021, Lupin announced launch of Nitazoxanide 500mg tablet. It is a generic version of Alinia tablets and use in treatment of diarrhea caused due to Giardia lamblia in patients 12 years of age and above.
In 2018, Lupin announced its subsidiary company Symbiomix Therapeutics lunch of Solosec 2g granules. This product contain Secnidazole which is helpful in treatment of giardiasis.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of giardiasis treatment market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Giardiasis Treatment Market Report
- Which are the leading players active in the giardiasis treatment market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "giardiasis treatment"?
- What is "giardiasis treatment" market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "giardiasis treatment" market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "giardiasis treatment" market report?
Giardiasis Treatment Market Report Highlights
By Drug Class
By Drug Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Zydus Pharmaceuticals Inc., Pfizer Inc., Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Aurobindo Pharma Limited, Abbott Laboratories, Heritage Pharmaceuticals Inc., Teva Pharmaceuticals, Roxane Laboratories, Inc., Baxter International Inc.