Glass Additive Market Analysis :
Glass additive is a solid produced by cooling molten material so that the internal management of atoms or molecules remains in random sate. It is a non-crystalline, often amorphous solid. The wide use of glass additive is witnessed in window panes, tableware, and optics. The transparency of the glass material is the basic key property that led to the high usage of glass additives in various industries. There are numerous types of glass additives available in the market, metal oxides, nanoparticles, polymers, and rare earth metal. Industries, such as automotive, construction, transport, and others, use glass additives for color strengthening, 3D printing, glass transitions, and other purposes. Furthermore, significant growth of the glass additive market is expected to be witnessed, owing to its properties over the forecast timeframe.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The decline in demand from the packaging and automotive segments is expected to lead to a temporary downfall in the market globally.
- Packaging and automotive industries are significant users of glass additives. In the food & beverages sector, it is the most preferred packaging material for soft drinks and edible semi-fluids.
- Additionally, insufficiency in raw material supply is expected to further affect the production rate of the glass additive market, thus affecting the glass additives chain management.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Extensive use of glass additive in fiber optics, electronics, and other consumer products are the primary key driving factors for the glass additive market. The higher adoption of nanoparticles also supplements the insulation factor of glass materials, thereby leading to a surge in demand for glass additives in the electronics industry. Additionally, rise in consumption of glass as packaging material is expected to boost the demand for glass additives. In the food & beverages industry, glass additive is extensively required for the packaging of soft drinks and edible semi-fluids. However, the major restraints of the market include unavailability of rare earth metals in the market and rise in adoption of plastic as an inexpensive alternative option to glass. Therefore, these factors are expected to hamper the growth of the glass additive market
The glass additive market trends are as follows:
Surge in usage in automotive and industrial applications
Manufacturers have been focusing on production of new products for specific applications as there are varying demands based on utilization. Glass additives can be widely used in aerodynamic levitation, glass transition, and customization of tableware, lamp, & eye glasses. Glass additives are ubiquitous materials that can be extensively used in chemistry industries as a result of their excellent thermal and electrical properties. Additionally, rise in prominence of glass additive in the pharmaceuticals industry, owing to high reliability and low cost of glass additive is anticipated to further enhance the market growth.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the glass additive market along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the glass additive market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the glass additive market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- This report helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
Questions answered in the glass additive market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Glass Additive Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Metall Rare Earth, Ardagh Group, SCHOTT, Gilinder Glass, DuPont, Lynas, BASF SE, Nanobase, Namibia Rare Earths, Torrecid Group