Scintillator is a material that provides detectable photons in the visible part of the light spectrum, following the passage of a charged particle or a photon. Scintillator comprises a transparent crystal, typically a phosphor, plastic or natural fluid that fluoresces when struck by ionizing radiation. A scintillator should be straightforward to its own light discharge and must have a short decay time. It is necessary to be protected from all surrounding light with the goal that outside photons don’t overwhelm the ionization events caused by incident radiation. Glass scintillators are utilized in finders as they help in checking vitality radiations from atomic reactors. It is additionally valuable in oil & gas investigation because of its capacity to perform under the harsh working conditions such as high temperature.
The demand for global glass scintillators is expected to boost the market, owing to its growth in various end-use industries in the North American region, especially glass scintillators in industries such as oil & gas exploration and nuclear power plants. In addition, shale oil boom in the region coupled with the use of various techniques such as logging- while-drilling (LWD) and measurement-while-drilling (MWD) are important market drivers. These methods require accurate and reliable data measurement, which are accomplished with the aid of glass scintillators. However, human capital crisis among radiation safety professionals restrains the market growth.
The market is segmented by product, application, and region. By product, it is categorized into natural lithium, depleted lithium, enriched lithium, and others. By application, it is bifurcated into oil & gas and nuclear power plant. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The developing markets of Asia-Pacific, for example, China, India, and South Korea progressively rely on atomic power, which is additionally expected to help the lithium-based glass scintillator development during the forecast period in these regions.
Some of the key players operating in the global glass scintillator market are Saint-Gobain Ceramics & Plastics, Scintacor, Gee Bee International, Rexon Components & TLD Systems, Ludlum Measurements, Hamamatsu Photonics, Hitachi Metals, Collimated Holes, Albemarle Corporation and Zecotek Photonics.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- The global glass scintillator market size has been analyzed across four major regions.
- Porter’s five force analysis helps to analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of glass scintillator for strategy building.
- The report outlines the current market trends and future scenario of the market size to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets. The market is forecasted for 2019-2026.
- Major countries in each region have been mapped according to their individual revenue contribution to the regional market.
- The key drivers, restraints, opportunities & glass scintillator market trends along with their detailed impact analysis are elucidated in the study.
- The global glass scintillator market analysis covers in-depth information of the major industry participants.
Questions answered in the glass scintillator market research report:
- What is the growth rate of the glass scintillator market during the forecast period?
- What will be the global glass scintillator market size?
- Who are the leading manufacturing companies in the glass scintillator market?
- How the major current trends will shape the market in the future?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with thorough plans, financials, and also recent advancements should set a presence?
- Why are some of the segments flourishing at the highest growth rate while others experience a steady growth?
- What are the conclusions of the glass scintillator report?
Glass Scintillator Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Gee Bee International, Hamamatsu Photonics, Ludlum Measurements, Hitachi Metals, Scintacor, Zecotek Photonics, Rexon Components & TLD Systems, Saint-Gobain Ceramics & Plastics, Collimated Holes, Albemarle Corporation