Glaucoma is a set of eye diseases that affects optic nerve of eye, thus resulting in vision loss and bilateral, irreversible blindness. It is the second most common cause of blindness worldwide. Glaucoma surgical equipment such as filtration surgery devices, lasers, and tube shunts are used to diagnose glaucoma.
Glaucoma surgical equipment market witness significant growth due to increase in incidence of eye diseases worldwide, rise in geriatric population, changes in lifestyle, and various government initiatives towards improved healthcare infrastructure in developing countries.
Moreover, large population suffering from diabetes and obesity are prone to several eye disorders, which in turn fuels the adoption of eye laser procedures or surgeries, thus fueling the market growth. However, high costs associated with eye surgeries and low awareness among people who are affected by glaucoma restrain the market growth. Technological advancements of surgical equipment, such as micro-invasive glaucoma surgery drainage implants, and introduction of new techniques, such as advanced laser technology, namely, pattern scan laser and reduced fluence laser to treat macular edema and proliferative diabetic retinopathy in developing countries are expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market growth in the near future.
The glaucoma surgical equipment market is segmented on the basis of product, surgery, end user, and region. Based on product, the market is categorized into glaucoma drainage devices, implants & stents, glaucoma laser devices, and glaucoma systems. According to surgery, it is bifurcated into glaucoma in conjunction with cataract and standalone glaucoma. By end user, it is divided into private eye clinics, hospitals, and others (ambulatory surgery centers and medical institutes). Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include Glaukos, Alcon, Inc., New World Medical, Abbott Laboratories, Ellex Medical Lasers Ltd., Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Nidek Co., Ltd., Lumenis Ltd., Iridex Corporation, and Topcon Medical Systems.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the glaucoma surgical equipment market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global biologic response modifiers market, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global glaucoma surgical equipment market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand the competitive outlook of the global glaucoma surgical equipment market.
Glaucoma Surgical Equipment Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Abbott Laboratories, Ellex Medical Lasers Ltd., Iridex Corporation, Lumenis Ltd., Alcon, Inc., Nidek Co., Ltd., Glaukos, Topcon Medical Systems, New World Medical