The global glazed tiles market is experiencing significant growth and is expected to grow considerably in the next few years. Flooring industry is witnessing a rise due to increasing construction of residential and non-residential buildings.
Unlike ordinary ceramic tiles glazed tiles are very attractive, waterproof, and are available in different colors, finishes, styles, and textures. Glazed tiles are scratch and stain resistant, and their colors do not easily fade away. This is possible due to the addition of extra layer of glaze coating. Furthermore, they are easy to clean & maintain and are highly durable. Moreover, they are easy to install and their ready availability is the major factor driving their demand, especially in the construction and flooring industry. In addition, these tiles can be applied to walls and floor making it one of the most used type of tiles in the flooring industry. Moreover, major players in the glazed tiles industry adopt advanced technologies to increase the aesthetics and reduce the price of the products to sustain the competition in the glazed tiles market.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
Glazed tiles are made by applying a layer of glaze material such as enamel or liquid glass onto a ceramic tile at a very high temperature. Often, manufacturers use low quality base material combined with high end glaze, this helps in making the tile inexpensive yet attractive. Their application is mainly in residential and commercial buildings.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic ceased the production of various products in the glazed tiles industry, which is attributed to the global lockdown. This has hampered the growth of glazed tiles market in the year of 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of glazed tiles in the year of 2021 and is anticipated to cause a negative impact on the market in the coming year.
- The major demand for glazed tiles was previously noticed from giant developed and developing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, India and China, which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby declining the demand for glazed tiles.
- Further, long-term impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Mobile crane manufacturers can afford a lockdown like situation only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce their expenses. On the contrary, few players adopted employee lay-offs to sustain themselves during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Glazed tile manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond to immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
Increase in urbanization has surged the demand in construction sector for residential and commercial buildings. This is anticipated to increase the demand in glazed tiles market. Furthermore, rise in per capita income and living standards have increased demand for home renovation, boosting the market for glazed tiles. Glazed tiles provide a very attractive and aesthetic look to the house at a low price as compared to marble stone flooring. This is one of the factors anticipated to boost the demand for glazed tiles. However, the inability to use glazed tiles in places that witness high footfall is one of the restraining factors hindering the growth of glazed tiles market. Contrarily, technological developments in tile printing and advancements in tile baking processes aid in reducing cost of tile manufacturing and result in more aesthetically appealing and good-looking tiles. This is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the growth of glazed tiles market during the forecast period.
- Key players in the glazed tiles market adopted partnerships as their key developmental strategy to expand their geographical foothold and upgrade their product technologies. For instance, in August 2019, the Italian tile manufacturer SICIS s.r.l., partnered with Chinese tile manufacturer Dongpeng Ceramics Co., Ltd. With this deal the SICIS s.r.l., will open hundreds of showrooms in big Chinese cities under the branding of SICIS s.r.l.
- Moreover, business expansion strategies assist in enhancing the geographic footprint of the company and help in gaining significant market share. For instance, in July 2021, Mosaic Company Inc., acquired Walker & Zanger, Inc. and Opustone, L.L.C., These companies distribute luxury, natural, and engineered stone slabs & tiles in the North American market. Through this move, the Mosaic Company has widened its market scope.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the glazed tiles industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the future investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the glazed tiles market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the glazed tiles market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed glazed tiles market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Glazed Tiles Market Report Highlights
By Texture Type
By Glaze Type
By Application Surface Type
By Business Type
By End-user Industry