The increased consumption of meat, beef, poultry, and dairy products is driving safe transportation of animals, due to high penetration of the food & hotel industries. The suppliers in the animal logistics market must ensure safety and hygiene of livestock during transportation. Transporting and handling of slaughtered animals is associated with a series of stressful events for the animals, compromising welfare and meat quality. This necessitates the development of an effective logistics system, considering road and traffic conditions, weather, time & transport distance, and delivery queues, as well as providing enough space, ventilation, and food during transit to ensure the transportation of healthy livestock.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 outbreak has harmed the global animal logistics market. The huge drop in domestic and international travel as well as an increase in the number of cancelled flights has hampered the overall growth of the animal logistics market. Moreover, it is expected that the decline in meat market demand will cause many live animal (slaughtered animals) markets to shut due to the disruption in logistics channels, and the decline will further affect the animal logistics market growth. The possibility of slaughterhouses becoming a source of coronavirus rises, buyers are avoiding meat purchases, so the income of animal transporters is expected to decrease. Furthermore, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, pet owners avoid moving their pets, which in turn is anticipated to adversely affect the animal logistics market growth.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in demand for animals from slaughter houses and dairy industry, increase in urbanization, rise in demand for animal protein and surge in pet adoption rates drive the growth of the global animal logistics market.
- Problems faced by vendors owing to long-distance transportation and strict regulation regarding animal transportation hinder the growth of the global animal logistics market.
- increase in adoption of Internet of Things (IoT)in animal logistics industry provides lucrative opportunities for the global animal logistics market.
Adoption of Blockchain Logistics System in Animal Transportation
Companies in the animal logistics market are implementing new technologies to improve efficiency and reduce transportation costs. The blockchain logistics system is one of these technologies. Blockchain is a distributed ledger technology that can securely and permanently record transactions between parties. Blockchain essentially eliminates the necessity for intermediaries who were previously required to act as trusted third parties to verify, record, and coordinate transactions by ‘sharing’ databases between multiple parties. The adoption of blockchain in the animal logistics industry will make animal transportation more transparent and efficient. The system can seamlessly use technology to facilitate transportation, checkout, transportation details to help the industry run smoothly. Blockchain applications for logistics can provide energy, financial and environmental benefits. Furthermore, blockchain can reduce costs by enabling more agile, automated, and error-free processes. It can not only improve the visibility and predictability of logistics operations, but can also accelerate the physical flow of animals. The application of blockchain technology in the animal logistics industry is expected to have a significant impact. The growing adoption of these advanced technologies will allow for more organized operations and will drive the market growth in the coming years.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- andThis study presents the analytical depiction of the animal logistics industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- andThe report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of animal logistics market.
- andThe current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2030 to highlight the growth scenario of the animal logistics market.
- andThe report provides a detailed animal logistics market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Animal Logistics Market Research Report:
- andWho are the leading market players active in the animal logistics market?
- andWhat would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- andWhat current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- andWhat are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the animal logistics market?
- andWhat are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Animal logistics Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
IndiGo, Amerijet, IAG Cargo, China Souththen, Delta Air Lines, Lan Cargo S.A, Japan Airlines, American Airlines, FedEx, Air France, Copa Airlines, United Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Air Asia Group, DSV