Automotive curtain airbags are side airbags that protects the head of occupant in case of an accident. In any case of accident, such airbags act as a cushion between the occupant and the window. Airbag’s system includes a variety of components such as airbag modules, crash sensors, diagnostic control units, steering wheel connection coils, and indicator lamps. The increase in emphasis on safety by passengers and automakers has gradually influenced the surge in popularity of airbags, leading to the adoption of improved technologies to reduce the risk of accidents. The high initial cost; however, limits the growth of the automotive curtain airbag market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 outbreak has caused significant disruption in the automotive industry. It has resulted in the suspension of manufacturing facilities and a decline in sales volume. Furthermore, the demand for both commercial and passenger vehicles is expected to decline in 2020. This expected decline, will have a negative impact on the automotive curtain airbags market, as vehicle production is directly proportional to the automotive curtain airbags market. The budget for R&D is likely to be reduced, which will hamper the development of automotive curtain airbags. Companies, however are taking precautionary measures to tackle the adverse effects of the outbreak.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in consumer awareness regarding safety, surge in disposable income and rise in road accidents rates drives the growth of the global automotive curtain airbags market.
- High maintenance and operating cost, high replacement cost, and fluctuation in component prices hinder the growth of the global automotive curtain airbags market.
- Growth of automotive industry and stringent government regulations for passenger safety provide lucrative opportunities for the growth of the global automotive curtain airbags market.
Increasing Penetration of Curtain Airbags in Sports Utility Vehicles
The automotive industry has experienced its most disruptive decade with the development in autonomous driving, connected cars, alternative fuel vehicles, light vehicles, and blockchain. Passenger safety has always been a priority in the industry with some countries enforcing strict government regulations by mandating airbags, particularly on the driver and passenger side. These trends help in the increase in demand for curtain airbags. Automotive curtain airbags are the side airbags that protect the head of occupant in case of an accident. When any such accidents occur, such airbags work as a cushion between the occupant and the window. Nearly ten years ago, such airbags were mainly used in luxury vehicles like SUVs and vans. Today, the situation however has changed completely due to the increase in pressure from regulatory agencies, fierce market competition, continuous improvement of the safety standards of various types of vehicles, and consumers increasing safety concerns. These pressures have exacerbated the long-standing importance of automakers to include airbag systems in every car, regardless of its size and market segment, like sports vehicles. The increased use of curtain airbags in sports utility vehicles is expected to boost the overall automotive curtain airbags market growth during the forecast period.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- andThis study presents the analytical depiction of the automotive curtain airbags industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- andThe report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of automotive curtain airbags market.
- andThe current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2030 to highlight the growth scenario of automotive curtain airbags market.
- andThe report provides a detailed automotive curtain airbags market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Automotive Curtain Airbags Market Research Report:
- andWho are the leading market players active in the automotive curtain airbags market?
- andWhat would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- andWhat current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- andWhat are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the automotive curtain airbags market?
- andWhat are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Curtain Airbags Market Report Highlights
By Vehicle Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Autoliv Inc, Delphi Technologies, Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd, ZF- TRW, Kolon Industries, Inc., Takata, Continental AG, Daicel Corporation, DENSO CORPORATION, Nihon Plast Co, Toray Industries, Inc, Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd, Robert Bosch GmbH, Visteon, Ashimori Industry Co., Ltd