Connected aircraft solutions help airlines to accomplish the above with the help of the antenna, satellite communication systems, data gateways and airtime services. More importantly, these solutions enable airlines to reduce costs and provide ease of ownership for owners and operators. The connected aircraft is changing the way people communicate aboard and with an aircraft. The incredible amount of data generated during a flight is changing the way aircrafts operate from take-off to landing. Connected aircrafts not only enhance the comfort and productivity in the cabin, but also improve the safety and efficiency in the cockpit and maintainability on the ground; while delivering more comfortable, efficient and safer experience for passengers.
COVID-19 impact analysis
Due to the outbreak of covid-19, the disease has spread to almost every country around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency. The global adverse impacts of the Covid-19 have significantly affected the connected aircraft solutions market. The outbreak of COVID-19 virus has brought effects on many aspects, like flight cancellations; travel bans and quarantines, restaurants closed, all indoor/outdoor events restricted, over forty countries state of emergency declared, massive slowing of the supply chain, stock market volatility, falling business confidence, growing panic among the population, and uncertainty about future.
Top impacting factor
- Increase in need for operational efficiency in aircrafts, increase in aircraft deliveries, and development of new aircraft to increase demand for connected technology are the major factors drives the growth of the connected aircraft solution market.
- Cybersecurity issues, and existing backlog of aircraft deliveries are the restraints that hindered the growth of the connected aircraft solution market.
- Focus on reducing maintenance time, and rise in demand for modernization of existing connectivity systems in aircraft are the major factors offering an opportunity for the growth of connected aircraft solution market.
Increase in aircraft deliveries
New aircraft orders are increasing owing to the rising air passenger travels. The rapid urbanization and increased disposable incomes of individuals have further created a high demand for air travel. Thus, the passenger traffic is increasing.
The rising aircraft deliveries are anticipated to fuel the growth of the connected aircraft solutions market. The increasing procurement of the next generation aircraft integrated with improved inflight entertainment and connectivity services, such as aircraft health monitoring systems, real-time weather information, and flight management systems for passengers is expected to be the key market drivers. For instance, TAP air Portugal signed an agreement with Panasonic avionics corporation TAP air Portugal to offer inflight entertainment and connectivity solutions for the airline’s new fleet of 14 A321neo LR aircraft.
Rise in demand for modernization of existing connectivity systems in aircraft
The increasing operational efficiency requirements has created a huge demand to replace conventional data optimization and data connection systems with more efficient systems. They include aircraft equipped with aircraft interface device (AID) and wireless electronic flight bag (EFB). At the same time, the rising demand for high-speed internet connectivity from passengers is leading airlines to adopt satellite (SATCOM) and broadband connectivity solutions. For instance, major airlines such as Qatar airways invested in providing a better in-flight experience for their passengers by adopting the Ku-band high-speed connectivity solution that provides access to live television on 70 airplanes of the airline.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the connected aircraft solution market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges the connected aircraft solution market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed connected aircraft solution market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the connected aircraft solution market research report:
- Who are the leading players in the connected aircraft solution market?
- What are the critical challenges faced by manufacturers in the connected aircraft solution market?
- What are the market trends, driving factor and opportunities involved in this market?
- What are the key segments covered in the connected aircraft solution market?
- What are the projection for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Connected Aircraft Solutions Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Eagle entertainment Inc, Inmarsat plc., Raytheon Inc, GOGO LLC., Thales Group, Collins aerospace., Honeywell International Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Viasat