Epitaxial Wafer Market Outlook - 2027
An epitaxial wafer is an exotic semiconducting material, which is created by epitaxial growth for utilization in microelectronics, photovoltaics, and photonics. Epitaxial wafers are utilized as a high purity layer to form thick dopes. In addition, epitaxial wafers are used in many applications such as smart phones, LEDs, gyroscopes, laptops, tablets, and gaming consoles. As epitaxial wafers are elementary building blocks for semiconductors, they play a vital role in the manufacture of several semiconductor components. Epitaxial wafers can grow high purity silicon by epitaxy than silicon in substrates, which makes epitaxial materials better. The global epitaxial wafer market is experiencing a significant growth, and is expected to grow considerably in next few years.
Implementation of epitaxial wafers provides numerous advantages such as epitaxial wafers provide electronic engineers a way to control doping profiles not achievable through other traditional means such as diffusion or ion implantation. Secondly, physical and chemical features of epitaxial wafers can be created differently from bulk materials. Epitaxial wafers can create a high purity silicon by epitaxy than silicon in the substrate, which makes epitaxial materials a better material.
COVID-19 scenario Analysis:
- Global epitaxial wafer market has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have led to a significant decline in demand for these systems.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new epitaxial wafers as workers have stayed in their homes, which has disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on this market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for these embedded systems are gradually going to increase.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Increase in demand for epitaxial wafer in consumer electronics, application of GPS, rise in trend of wafers in automotive and semiconductor industries drive growth of the epitaxial wafer market globally. Increase in overall cost of manufacturing epitaxial wafers due to increase in shift from homoepitaxy to heteroepitaxy deposition type hampers growth of the epitaxial wafer market. However, increase in adoption of epitaxial wafer technology in portable electronics as they provide highly efficient and reliable electrical interconnect solutions for electronic products is anticipated to increase demand for epitaxial wafer during the forecast period.
The global epitaxial wafer market trends are as follows:
Rise in use of epitaxial wafers in the automotive industry
Epitaxial wafers help in increasing efficiency and precision through automation, which makes them an intrinsic part of production process of the automotive industry. Wafers are used in automotive industry’s production process to track and control temperature, pressure, flow, and level through robots. In addition, contribution from autonomous vehicles, electric vehicles, and self-driving trucks is expected to play an important role in the increase of automotive industry’s production rate hence, creating a lot of opportunities for growth of the epitaxial wafer market across the globe.
Asia-Pacific is expected to growth at the highest CAGR
There is going to be an increase in demand for epitaxial wafers to increase electrical properties of electronic products. Rapid growth of the electronic industry in India and China is one of the major factors leading to growth of the epitaxial wafer market in Asia-Pacific, in terms of highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Increase in popularity of IoT in wafers
Increase in popularity of IoT in epitaxial wafers, owing to their innovative and advanced applications is anticipated to drive growth of the epitaxial wafer market across.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global epitaxial wafer industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global epitaxial wafer market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global epitaxial wafer market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global epitaxial wafer market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the epitaxial wafers market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the epitaxial wafer market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the epitaxial wafer market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Epitaxial Wafer Market Report Highlights
By Wafer Size
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Nichia Corporation, Siltronic, Wafer World Inc., ASM, Global Wafers, Shin Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd., Sumco Corporation, Tokyo Electron, Epigan, Applied Materials