Silica sand, also known as industrial sand, is one of the most widely used types of sand on the planet. Industrial silica sand has been mined for thousands of years and was first used for metallurgical and glass-making purposes between 3000-5000 BC. Silica sand is now used for a wide range of applications, including road paving, glass production, foundries and coal-fired boilers, oil and water filtration, industrial casting, and sandblasting. Apart from that, it is used in the hydraulic fracturing process, where the demand for silica sand has skyrocketed in recent years. This can be attributed to silica sand's advantageous properties, such as strength, high silica content, and heat and chemical reaction resistance. Glass, foundries, construction, ceramics, and the chemical industry are among the industries that use it the most. Silica sand is used in water filtration and agriculture, and silica sand is used as a functional filler for paints, plastics, and rubber. Chemicals like sodium silicate, silicon tetrachloride, and silicone gel all contain industrial sand.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
The disease has spread to nearly 100 countries around the world since the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019, prompting the World Health Organization to declare it a public health emergency. The global effects of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) are already being felt, and the industrial silica market will be significantly impacted in 2020. COVID-19 has the potential to have three major effects on the global economy: directly affecting production and demand, causing supply chain and market disruption, and having a financial impact on businesses and financial markets. Flight cancellations, travel bans, and quarantines; restaurants closed; all indoor events restricted; over forty countries declared states of emergency; massive supply chain slowdown; stock market volatility; falling business confidence, growing panic among the population, and uncertainty about the future have all been impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.
Top Impacting Factors
Due to increased demand from the chemical industry, the industrial silica market has seen significant growth. Furthermore, the recovering construction sector, combined with the growing automotive industry, presents a huge market opportunity for the key players in the industrial silica market. However, during the forecast period, research and development activities are expected to stifle the overall growth of the industrial silica market.
- Increased use of silica sand in a variety of applications, including construction, glassmaking, and hydraulic fracturing or fracking, is one of the main reasons for this growth. Industrial silica sands are suitable for a variety of industrial applications due to their composition and texture. As a result, the market for industrial silica sand is seeing significant demand from a wide range of industries.
- In recent years, major countries from all over the world have increased their efforts to improve their infrastructure. As a result, construction activity is increasing dramatically in all parts of the world. Because of this factor, the global industrial silica sand market is expected to see a significant increase in demand from the construction sector.
- One of the most important ingredients in the production of glass is silicon dioxide. Industrial silica sand contains a significant amount of this component. As a result, the demand for industrial silica sand is increasing among glass manufacturing companies. This factor is assisting the global industrial silica sand market's growth.
- The global market for industrial silica sand is moderately fragmented. The competitive landscape of the market for industrial silica sand is highly intense due to the presence of a significant number of regional players. Major players in this market are employing a variety of strategies to stay afloat in this competitive environment. They are increasing their research and development spending. They are increasing their investments in research and product development.
- Many vendors in the global industrial silica sand market are concentrating on maintaining their market leadership. They are pursuing this goal through a variety of strategies, including mergers and acquisitions. Aside from that, many players are stepping up their efforts to improve their production capabilities. All of these activities contribute to the global industrial silica sand market's expansion.
- Because of increased demand from the construction industry, rising automotive production and sales, rising per capita income, and technological advancements, the glass market is booming. Emerging trends such as the increased use of hybrid guide plates, solar control glazing for automotive and building glass, lightweight glazing glass, and advanced nanotechnology in flat glass are also contributing to the glass industry's growth, thereby increasing demand for silica sand.
- Several countries around the world are turning to naturally occurring shale gas to reduce their reliance on crude oil. Hydraulic fracturing is used to extract shale gas, and silica sand is used as a prop pant. As a result, the demand for silica sand is expected to rise as shale gas production increases.
- The global market for industrial silica sand is divided into four major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the rest of the world. North America is expected to provide promising growth opportunities for vendors in the industrial silica sand market. One of the main reasons for this forecast is the growing demand from the region's oil and gas industry.
- Future infrastructure projects in various countries are expected to boost the construction industry, increasing demand for silica sand in various industries. The Nimes-Montpellier rail bypass, Grand Paris Express, Tour Triangle, and ASVEL arena, for example, are expected to boost the silica sand market growth in France.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the industrial silica market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the industrial silica market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the industrial silica market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed industrial silica market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Industrial Silica Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the industrial silica market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is industrial silica?
- What does industrial silica allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make industrial silica critical organizational asset?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Industrial Silica Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Minerali Industriali, FINETON Industries Minerals, AGSCO Corporation, Saudi Emirates Pulverization Industries, International Silica Industries, Wolf & Muller, Sibelco, Quarzwerke Group, Short Mountain Silica, SAMIN, Sisecam, Aggregate Industries