Glucosamine is an amino acid found naturally in the cartilage of the joints. It is a precursor in the biochemical synthesis of glycosylated proteins and lipids. The amino acid is produced commercially by the hydrolysis of crustacean exoskeletons and is used in medical conditions such as osteoarthritis and arthritis. In addition, glucosamine supplements possess anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties as well as they also help improve digestion, gut health, and treat inflammatory bowel disease.
Hence, these supplements are majorly taken by people with bone and joint pain as well as people suffering from temporo-manibular joint (TMJ) disorder. Furthermore, glucosamine supplements are also used in cosmetic products as it aids in the formation of connective tissue and promotes exfoliation (removal of dead skin) and hydration.
The growth in geriatric population and disorders related to bone and joints such as osteoarthritis and arthritis majorly drive the growth of this market. In addition, the increase in need for glucosamine supplements for promoting healthy growth of skin and hair also fuels the market growth. Further, less awareness among people regarding the benefits of glucosamine supplements as well as presence of many substitutes such as omega 3 fatty acids, collagens, and fish oils coupled with herbal ingredients is expected to restrict the growth of glucosamine supplements market.
The global glucosamine supplements market is segmented based on applications, dosage form, and region. Based on application, the market is divided on the basis of osteoarthritis, nutritional dietary supplements, and others. Based on dosage form, it is classified into pill, capsules, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Paul Marienfeld, Hecht Assistant, Comdek Industrial, Cypress Diagnostics, HemoCue, KPG Products, Danaher Corporation, GE Healthcare, Nava medic ASA, and Nutraceutix Inc. is also provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global glucosamine supplements market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape and value chain is taken into account to help understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- This report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2017-2023, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions are provided that determines the prevailing opportunities in these geographies.
Glucosamine Supplements Market Key Segments:
- Nutritional Dietary Supplements
By Dosage Forms
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA