It's manufactured by using moisture-resistant adhesives to join pieces of lumber together to form longer lengths. The lumber used to manufacture glue laminated wood is of a specified grade and is purchased directly from lumber mills. Glue laminated lumber, or glulam, is a versatile material that can be used to make anything and comes in a wide range of sizes and colors. It comes in a wide range of sizes and colors.
It is well-known for both its appealing appearance and its durability. The advantages of glue laminated timber include a high weight carrying capacity and low density, ease of work using simple tools, quick construction, extended span lengths, and superior thermal insulation. The production of glue laminated timber includes the following steps: drying, vertical sawing, gluing, inspection, sawing, product packaging, and lining.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The glue laminated timber market was negatively affected due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The industries such as roof truss, Support & columns, furniture, stairs, ceiling structures and others were shut down during the COVID-19 pandemic this decreases the demand for glue laminated timber which affected the glue laminated timber market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has caused the imposition of lockdown due to which the production of glue laminated timber decreased and the global supply chain was affected, this decreased the demand for glue laminated timber market.
- The glue laminated timber market faced downfall of revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Top Impacting Factors
The worldwide glue laminated timber market's expansion is heavily dependent on improvements in building and interior design. This timber's praiseworthy features have led to its use in a variety of applications throughout the construction industry. Additionally, due to its high cost, glue laminated timber is one of the most sought-after and innovative materials utilized in interior design. Although glue laminated timber is not as widely utilized as mortar and concrete, its use in the building sector is growing. The desire for aesthetically pleasing designs has also brought glue laminated timber to the forefront of attention. Glue laminated timber's quality and durability among other reasons, are responsible for market development and maturity. Additionally, the usage of glue laminated timber in the construction of residential and commercial ceilings has accelerated the global market's growth. Glue laminated timber is also used to create specialized furnishings. The increasing demand for high-quality furniture has played a significant influence in driving sales across the globe. Furthermore, permanent scaffoldings used to improve the appearance of structures are made of glue laminated timber. Laminated timber is frequently used to make slabs and beams for laying plastic shelters. The glue laminated timber market is expected to grow in the near future due to high engineering efficiency, aesthetic designs, design flexibility and higher structural performance. Furthermore, the glue laminated timber business may be hindered by expensive costs, easy deformation and cracking of wood.
- Demand for glulam in Asia Pacific is predicted to grow rapidly due to favorable laws for infrastructure and housing construction. The product may be used in a wide range of constructions, including beams, highway bridges, and warehouse roofs, because to its exceptional design flexibility. The availability of simple financing options for residential and commercial projects is likely to aid construction industry expansion in Asia-Pacific, boosting demand for glue laminated timber.
- Demand for glulam is likely to be driven by its selection and accreditation for green building construction. Glue laminated wood can be created from a variety of small trees found in second and third growth plantations and forests. This reduces reliance on massive, growth-dependent timber. The appeal of glue laminated wood and its environmental friendliness are projected to stimulate market demand in North America and Europe.
- Market players are adopting many strategies such as acquisition, mergers, contract, agreement and partnership to expand their business.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the glue laminated timber industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the glue laminated timber market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the glue laminated timber market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed glue laminated timber market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Glue Laminated Timber Market Report Highlights
By End-User Industry
Key Market Players
Mayr-Melnhof Holz Holding AG, Structurlam, Schilliger Holz AG, Binderholz GmbH., Pfeifer Holz GmbH, Canfor Corporation, Boise Cascade Co., Setra Group AB, Calvert Company Inc., Hasslacher Holding GmbH