Glycated hemoglobin is used to measure the three-month average plasma glucose concentration. It indicates the amount of glucose in a persons blood during the past two to four months. The glycated hemoglobin test is used to treat diabetes by monitoring the amount of hemoglobin bound to glucose.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the glycated hemoglobin testing equipment market include increase in the prevalence of diabetes, rise in geriatric population, technological advancements in diagnosing diabetes, sedentary lifestyle & poor diet that leads to substandard healthcare conditions, and increased R&D activities on diabetes. However, lack of diabetic care awareness and high costs associated with glycated hemoglobin testing devices hinder the market growth. Increase in diabetic population and technological advancements in monitoring devices by key vendors in developing countries are expected to boost the market growth in the near future.
The glycated hemoglobin testing equipment market is segmented on the basis of product type, technology, end user, and region. On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into multifunctional testing equipment and simple testing equipment. Based on technology, the market is segmented into ion-exchange high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), immunoassay, boronate affinity chromatography, direct enzymatic assay, and others that include micro-optical detection method and capillary electrophoresis. On the basis of end user, the market is classified into hospitals, physical examination institutions, research institutions, and others. By geography, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include Abbott Laboratories, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Alere Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Beckman Coulter, Inc., Bayer AG, Randox Laboratories Ltd., Tosoh Corporation, ARKRAY, Inc., and A.Menarini Diagnostics Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Glycated Hemoglobin Testing Equipment Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Multifunctional Testing Equipment
- Simple Testing Equipment
- Ion-Exchange High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Boronate Affinity Chromatography
- Direct Enzymatic Assay
- Others (Micro-Optical Detection Method and Capillary Electrophoresis)
By End User
- Physical Examination Institutions
- Research Institutions
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA