Glycobiology is the study of entire biology that includes structure and function of molecules containing carbohydrates (sugar and saccharides) also called as glycans. It is very helpful in biotechnological research and biomedicine. Carbohydrates control almost all the aspects of cellular processing that involves cell-cell interactions, adhesion mechanisms, signalling for growth factors, blood clotting, regulating hormonal activity, and it also directs embryonic development.
Glycobiology market is in the emerging state mainly due to the increase in expenditure by different pharmaceutical companies on R&D. In addition, increase in activities such as drug discovery, government expenditure, technological advancement, public and private investments, and grants and funds for the development of more advanced technologies in the field of R&D. However, factors such as high cost associated with the imaging process, stringent government policies, and lack of skilled technicians impede the market growth.
The global glycobiology market is segmented based on product, application, end-user, and geography. Based on product, the market is classified into reagents, instruments, kits, and enzymes. Reagents are further sub-segmented into Monosaccharides, Glycoproteins, Oligosaccharides, and others. Instruments are further sub-divided into HPLC, antibody arrays, lectin arrays, MALDI-TOF, mass spectroscopy, and others. Kits are further sub-segmented into glycan release kits, glycan labeling kits, glycan purification kits, and others. Enzymes are further sub-classified into neuraminidases, glycosyltransferases, glycosidases, and others. Based on application, it is categorized into drug discovery and development, immunology, diagnostics, oncology, and others. Based on end-user, the market is classified into Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies and research laboratories. The market is analyzed on the basis of four regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Product launch, collaboration & merger, and acquisition are the key strategies adopted by market players. Agilent Technologies acquired Seahorse Bioscience in September 2015.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Agilent Technologies, Bruker Corp., Waters Corp., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Takara Bio, Merck, Shimadzu Corp, Prozyme Inc., New England Biolabs, and Danaher Corp. are also provided in the report.
Key Market Benefits:
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which enables stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand the various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Glycobiology Market Key Segments:
- Antibody arrays
- Lectin arrays
- Mass spectroscopy
- Glycan Release Kits
- Glycan Labeling Kits
- Glycan Purification Kits
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Research Laboratories
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East