Glycomics is the complete study of glycomes (entire component of sugars), which includes pathologic, genetic, physiologic, and other aspects. Various techniques such as mass spectrometry, high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), and matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF) are used by professionals for glycomics application.
The major factors that drive the market growth are increase in demand for personalized medicine and commercialization of pharmaceutical & biotechnology research. However, lack of awareness among professionals about the importance of glycomics may impede the market growth. Moreover, rise in financial aid from public and private organizations, government bodies, and the World Bank for glycomics and proteomics research is anticipated to present numerous opportunities for key players.
The global glycomics market is segmented based on product, application, end user, and region. Based on product, it is divided into enzymes, instruments, kits, and reagents. The enzymes segment is further categorized into glycosidases, glycosyltransferases, neuraminidases, sialyltransferases, and other enzymes. Instruments are sub-segmented into antibody arrays, HPLC, lectin arrays, MALDI-TOF, mass spectrometers, and other glycomics instruments. Kits are further sub-segmented into glycan labeling kits, glycan purification kits, glycan release kits, and other kits. Reagents are classified into glycoproteins, monosaccharides, oligosaccharides, and other reagents. Based on application, the market is segmented into diagnostics, drug discovery & development, oncology, immunology, and others. Based on end user, it is divided into academic research institutes, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and contract research organizations. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major players, such as New England Biolabs, ProZyme, Inc., Shimadzu Corporation, Merck KGaA, Takara Bio, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Waters Corporation, Agilent Technologies, Bruker Corporation and Danaher Corporation are also provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging trends and dynamics in the global glycomics market.
- In-depth analysis is done by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2016 and 2023 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain to understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in these geographies.
Glycomics Market Key Segments:
- Antibody Arrays
- Lectin Arrays
- Mass Spectrometers
- Other Glycomics Instruments
- Glycan Labeling Kits
- Glycan Purification Kits
- Glycan Release Kits
- Drug Discovery & Development
By End User
- Academic Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Research Organizations
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA