GNSS Simulators Market Outlook 2030 -
global navigation satellite system (GNSS) is an abbreviation for a global positioning system. By transmitting signals from satellites, this device allows user to determine their position and velocity at a specific time. GNSS simulator simulates the environment of a global navigation satellite system receiver on a dynamic platform by modeling vehicle and satellite motion, signal characteristics, atmospheric and other effects, causing the receiver to navigate according to the parameters of the test scenario. It provides an effective and efficient means to test global navigation satellite system receivers and the systems that rely on them. It provides control over the signals generated throughout the global test environment all within a box allowing testing to take place in a controlled laboratory condition. global navigation satellite system simulator provides a superior alternative for most testing compared to using actual GNSS signals in a live environment. Testing with simulators provides full control over the simulated satellite signals and environmental conditions, unlike live testing.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 has halted the manufacturing sector across the world. The virus first emerged in China, a city of Wuhan in late-2019. It initially, affected only the Chinese, but later its effects began to be felt around the globe, with many countries implementing lockdown. The volunteers from Slovakian company Sygic and other technology firms created a mobile application to slow down the spread of COVID-19. The technology used GNSS and Bluetooth sensors to determine whether the user had come into contact with an infected person in within the previous 14 days. Many Communication Service Providers (CSPs) began 5G networks trials and rollouts in 2019. Many countries were preparing for rollouts by holding spectrum auctions, signing infrastructure contracts, and other initiatives. However, the COVID-19 pandemic, has had a significant impact on both rollouts and 5G readiness. As a result, it also plays an important role in global navigation satellite system. As a result, the COVID-19 pandemic has had an indirect impact on the GNSS as 5G/GNSS will be the core of future location engines for many applications in the Location-Based Services (LBS) and IoT domains.
Top Impaction Factors
- Increase in use of wearable devices utilizing location information, rapid penetration of consumer IoT, and contribution of 5G in enabling ubiquitous connectivity drive the market growth.
- Lack of digital infrastructure, and increase in jamming and spoofing attacks is expected to hamper the market growth.
- Increase in demand for unmanned aerial vehicle is seen as a market investments opportunity.
The GNSS Simulators Market Trends are as Follows:
Rapid Penetration of Consumer IoT
The interconnected environment of consumer electronics and devices is referred to as IoT. It is a major technology driver for the adoption of global navigation satellite system simulators T use of smart and connected consumer devices, such as self-driving cars, drones, smart sensors, connected homes, and wearable devices equipped with GNSS chips to enable real-time data communication, has increased.
IoT plays a significant role in a wide range of applications, including navigation, mapping, and location-based services. For example, in China, the Internet of Vehicles is gaining traction to provide consumers with more convenient and seamless ride. - GNSS chips are integrated into IoT enabled cars, assisting the drivers in driving the vehicles efficiently, and allowing concerned agencies to track their locations for response in case of emergencies. GNSS chips are also being integrated into sensors and wearables to track data from human activities, such as walking, running, cycling, trekking, and swimming. Such IoT applications are increasing the demand for precise GNSS simulators to test various consumer devices. Thus, the growing penetration of consumer IoT products is projected to drive the growth of the GNSS simulators market.
Restraint: Lack of Digital Infrastructure
A key factor restraining the adoption of digital, location-based business models and services is a lack of advanced digital infrastructures, such as internet connectivity and Information and Communications Technology (ICT)infrastructure. While some countries have taken steps to build digital infrastructure, many developing countries are still lagging in terms of digital advancements. A digital divide from such a situation results in, which refers to uneven access to, use of, or impact of ICT among different geographical, social, or geopolitical groups. The ability to exploit many basic utilities of the GNSS industry is hampered by digital divide. Furthermore, poor integration of business workflows of multiple industries with positioning infrastructure in some of the developing countries further limits the realization of the full potential of GNSS technology.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the GNSS simulators market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the GNSS simulators market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the GNSS simulators market.
- The report provides a detailed GNSS simulators market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the GNSS Simulators Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the GNSS simulators market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the GNSS simulators market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
GNSS Simulators Market Report Highlights
By GNSS Receiver
By End-Use Industry
Key Market Players
Spirent Communications, Accord Software and System., Rohde & Schwarz, VIAVI Solutions, Syntony GNSS, Keysight Technologies, CAST Navigation, u-blox, Hexagon, Orolia