Gigabit-capable Passive Optical Networks (GPON) equipment comprise single optical fiber that can be accessed by multiple users through passive optical splitters, and is considered as the most cost-effective technology for FTTH (Fiber to the Home) deployments. GPON standards, compared to PON standards, use larger variable length packets by offering higher efficiency and better bandwidth.
The GPON equipment market is driven by its technological and performance benefits over legacy networks, which allow it to be the preferred fiber access technology. In addition, increased bandwidth capabilities, enhanced voice over internet protocol, and increased digital content over single fiber-optic line to residential households and office premises further fuel the market growth. However, less range than an active optical network and slow data transmission speed during peak usage time restrict this growth. Rapid adaptation of FTTH services globally to offer bandwidth intensive applications present a major opportunity for GPON equipment.
The global GPON equipment market is segmented on the basis of component, structure, and region. The components covered in this study include optical cables, optical power splitters, optical filters, and wavelength division multiplexer/de-multiplexer. Based on structure, the market is divided into Ethernet passive optical network (EPON) and gigabit passive optical network (GPON). Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market are Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Hitachi, Ltd., Ericsson AB, Ubiquoss Inc., Motorola Solutions, Dasan Zhone Solutions, Calix, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Cisco, and ZTE Corporation.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global GPON equipment market and current & future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Information about the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities and their impact analysis on the market size are provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers operating in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the market from 2017 to 2023 is provided to determine the market potential.
GPON Equipment Market Key Segments
- Optical Cables
- Optical Power Splitters
- Optical Filters
- Wavelength Division Multiplexer/De-multiplexer
- Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON)
- Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
KEY MARKET PLAYERS PROFILED IN THE REPORT
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Ericsson AB
- Ubiquoss Inc.
- Motorola Solutions
- Dasan Zhone Solutions
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- ZTE Corporation