When cereals are harvested, some unwanted particles such as strings, wood, stones, bag material, and straw are often swept along with the cereals. These unwanted particles are required to be separated before processing. Destoners, gravity separators, grain dryers, grain grading machines, maize mills, grain separators, grain pre-cleaners, vibro destoners, and grain dischargers are among the various pre-processing and processing equipment used to treat cereals. In terms of operations, the market is bifurcated into semi- automatic and automatic. The automatic machinery needs zero or negligible human interference, whereas semi-automatic machinery needs human assistance. The semi-automatic machinery segment is anticipated to grow at a high pace owing to the easy availability of labor, low cost of such equipment, and low capital investment or operational budget.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the grain processing machinery industry attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of market from the last few months, and is likely to continue during 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of grain processing machinery in the first quarter of 2021 and is anticipated to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for grain processing machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and China, which are badly affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby halting/decreasing the demand for grain processing machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. The grain processing machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans.
- The grain processing machinery manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
The global grain processing equipment market comprises both global and regional players that are engaged in the design, manufacture, and distribution of equipment. Companies are investing huge amounts in research & development activities and innovation centers in order to gain a competitive edge in the market. Players are adopting an acquisition strategy to enhance their product offerings and expand their regional presence. This strategy has helped companies acquire distribution centers and diversify their offerings across a number of end-use application markets One of the main issues for the grain processing machinery business is a lack of understanding among farmers regarding grain processing technology. Farmers continue to use out-of-date and poor agricultural methods, while new technology is still scarce. In the next years, this is projected to constrain the worldwide grain processing machines market. There are significant geographical inequalities, such as rain-fed agriculture in hot places or abrupt climate change, that might stifle market expansion.
The global grain processing machinery market trends are as follows:
Increase in population will boost the market growth
The grain processing machinery market is being propelled by rise in population, increase in food consumption, and surge in demand for processed grains from food processors and manufacturers. During the projected period, the market is anticipated to experience growth due to surge in domestic consumption of food & drinks, as well as the development of the retail network and new product releases. Positive outlook of food & beverage industry, predominantly in Asia-Pacific, CSA, and the Middle East, is expected drive the market growth during the forecast period.
Increase in production of food grains
The worldwide grain processing machinery market is being driven by an increase in the output of food grains. The rise in demand for ready-to-eat and processed food items in the food & beverage sector is one of the primary reasons driving worldwide grain processing equipment growth. When grains are harvested, unwanted particles such as wood, stones, threads, bag material, and straw are swept along with them. Before they can be processed, these undesirable particles must be separated
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global grain processing machinery industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global grain processing machinery market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the grain processing machinery market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the industry.
- The report provides a detailed global grain processing machinery market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Grain Processing Machinery Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
Satake USA, Inc., Lewis M. Carter Manufacturing, LLC, Alvan Blanch Development Company Limited, Osaw Agro Industries Private Limited, Golfetto Sangati S.r.l., PETKUS Technologie GmbH, Forsberg Agritech (India) Pvt. Ltd., Lianyungang Huantai Machinery Co., Ltd., WESTRUP A/S