Nanocomposite is a multiphase solid material where one of the phases has one, two or three dimensions of less than 100 nanometers (nm) or structures having nano-scale repeat distances between the different phases that make up the material. The unusual thermal properties of graphene have been used to improve the thermal stability and conductivity in nano-composites. The 2D geometry of graphene base materials may offer lower interfacial thermal resistance and thus provide higher thermal conductivity in nanocomposites. Graphene nanocomposites exhibits exceptional electronic, mechanical and thermal properties which are anticipated to increase its use as primary filling agents in composites applications. Graphene composites at low loadings exhibit substantial enhancements in multifunctional aspects in comparison to conventional composites and their materials. This is the factor that makes the material lighter and stronger for use in numerous applications, which apparently increases the physiochemical qualities of the host matrix or material on distribution.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- Much effort and innovations in graphene nanocomposites have been taken up in extending existing applications to respond to this global outbreak.
- Graphene, with antimicrobial and antiviral efficacy, has triggered the interest of scientific community in exploring its applications in the prevention, detection and treatment of COVID-19.
- Leading companies and research institutes in graphene industry have developed prophylactic or protective face masks by utilizing graphene-enhanced polymers such as non-woven textiles modified with graphene materials.
- The sharp cutting edges of graphene are believed to damage the cell membranes whilst the hydrophobic property of graphene induces dehydration and eventually leading to virus cell death.
- Produced graphene masks show anti-bacterial efficiency of 80%; and the photothermal effect of graphene further enhances the anti-bacterial effect up to 99.998% under sunlight exposure for 10 minutes.
- Research has also been carried out to incorporate graphene in air purification products to mitigate the threat of virus infection
Top Impacting Factors
Graphene nanocomposites market comprises of polymer system like polystyrene, sulfonate, polymethyl methacrylate, polyamide, polyethylene terephthalate, epoxy, polyaniline, polyvinylidene fluoride, polyurethane, and polycarbonate. Growth in electronic industry is likely to drive Graphene nanocomposites market during the forecast period. Graphene nanocomposites also has properties like high carrier mobility, moderate optical transmittance and electronic conductivity are used in electrode applications.
- Graphene nanocomposites is used in energy storage and conversion of devices such as lithium, Li-air and Li-Sulfur batteries and super-capacitation or ultra-capacitator.
- Hybrid structures of these material characteristics such as faster recombination rate and longtime stability, which are used in Li-ion batteries through a solution blending which improves the recharging capabilities and efficiency as well.
- Research in application to use Graphene nanocomposites in microbial fuels which are carried out to harvest electricity from various organic matters.
- Applications of Graphene nanocomposites are also found in manufacturing sensors to detect a variety of molecules, biomolecules, pH and temperature.
- Thermally reduced graphene when combined with PVDF nanocomposites are generally effective in temperature sensor application.
- Graphene nanocomposites market is also appropriate for bio-medical applications such as drug and gene delivery, bio-imaging and nano-medicine.
- Ceramic Graphene nanocomposites market is also considered as an important potential application.
- High cost for synthesis is anticipated to challenge the Graphene nanocomposites market.
- There is also investment in technology to obtain large scale and defect free exfoliation with enhanced properties is likely to open new growth opportunities for Graphene nanocomposites manufacturers.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Graphene nanocomposites industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Graphene nanocomposites market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Graphene nanocomposites market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Graphene nanocomposites market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Graphene nanocomposites Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Graphene nanocomposites market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Graphene Nanocomposites Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Zyvex Technologies Inc.,, RTP Company,, Unidym Inc.,, Nanocor Inc.,, E.I. Du Pont De Nemours,, Powdermet Inc.,, Showa Denko K.K.,, Nanophase Technologies Corporation,, Nanocyl S.A.., Arkema Inc.,