Graphite Electrodes Market Analysis :
Graphite electrodes are the main heating elements used in an electric furnace. It is a steel making process where scrap from old cars or appliances is melted to produce new steel. Graphite electrodes are used in electrolysis due to the graphite structure, which has huge number of electrons attached, allowing smooth flow of electricity to pass through the graphite quickly. These electrodes have the highest electrical & thermal resistance, thermal resistance, and ultra-high bending resistance. Some properties of electrodes include high temperature, low electrical conductivity, thermal resistance, low reactions to chemicals, and others. These electrodes provide high energy exchangers to melt scrap from cars and other appliances. High-quality graphite is an important requirement of almost every industry. Therefore, graphite electrodes are used in steel refining and smelting processes. Major application is in production of steel or other non-ferrous metals. Rising demand for graphite electrodes is due to rise in number of applications in end-user industries such as agriculture, manufacturing, mining, trade, construction, and others.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
The COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted the graphite electrodes market.
Attributed to the COVID-19 situation, refineries are not in the position to utilize their optimum rates, leading to shortages of resources across the globe.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The growing demand for the use of graphite electrodes in the production of metal and metal products boosts the growth of the global graphite electrodes market. In addition, increase in demand for graphite electrode has been witnessed in steel recycling process, automotive industry, construction, and infrastructure industry. This factor is expected to boost the market growth over the forecast period. Rapid industrial expansion and economic development in various sectors, such as aviation, automotive, electronics, and others, is expected to boost the graphite electrodes market.
Increasing demand for China-made electrodes consumption and restrictions on trade & exports facility can hinder the market growth. Low availability of raw material and fluctuating cost also restrain the graphite electrodes market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global graphite electrodes market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global graphite electrodes market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global graphite electrodes market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the graphite electrodes market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Graphite Electrodes Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Nippon Carbon, Graphite India limited, Showa Denko K.K., Jilin Carbon Co., Nantong Yangzi Carbon Co., Tokai Carbon Ltd, Energoprom Group, Graftech International, Fangda Carbon New Material Technology Co. Ltd., HEG Ltd., Kaifeng Carbon Co.