Guanidine carbonate is an organic guanidine compound with molecular formula C3H12N6O3, widely utilized as a raw material in manufacturing processes in end-user industries including cosmetics, detergents, and textile. Guanidine carbonate is a strong base, widely used as an intermediate in chemicals, cosmetics, and detergents as well as in microencapsulation processes. Guanidine carbonate forms a precursor for the production of guanidine hydroxide, which is further utilized as an active ingredient in several formulations used in chemical hair-relaxing treatments. These treatments are employed for permanent straightening of curly hair. Flame retardants and flocculants are some of the other applications of guanidine carbonate. Guanidine carbonate is colorless and transparent in nature and is commercially available in the form of white crystals or powder. Two grades of guanidine carbonate are commercially available: the industrial grade and the pharmaceutical grade. However, utmost caution and care need to be taken while handling guanidine carbonate. Guanidine carbonate causes irritation to the skin and the respiratory tract. It causes serious irritation to the eyes and it proves harmful if swallowed. Health hazards caused due to guanidine are likely to restrain the global guanidine carbonate market in the near future.
Covid-19 Impact Analysis
- The coronavirus's unfavorable global effects are already evident, and they will have a big impact on the guanidine carbonate in 2020.
- The World Health Organization has declared a public health emergency after the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019. The disease has spread to over 100 nations and resulted in massive deaths all across the world. Exports & Imports, global manufacturing, tourism, and financial sectors have all been heavily damaged.
- The downward pressure on the global economy, which had previously shown signs of improvement, has escalated once more. The outbreak of the virus has added danger factors to the international economy's already sluggish development. Many international groups have stated that the global economy is experiencing its most difficult moment since the financial crisis.
- The lockdown has resulted in hampering the imports and exports of various goods. Also, the uncertainty created in the market in the consumers’ buying pattern has resulted in hampering of the guanidine carbonate market.
Top Impacting Factors
Currently, the global guanidine carbonate market is dominated by the industrial grade segment and the trend is expected to continue throughout the forecast period. The industrial grade segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Guanidine carbonate of pharmaceutical grade is a bit costlier than that of industrial grade, owing to its higher purity. The pharmaceutical grade segment is likely to expand at a steady growth rate during the forecast period. Based on application, the global guanidine carbonate market can be segmented into chemicals, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, textiles, and others. The market is dominated by the chemicals segment followed by the cosmetics segment. The chemicals segment is likely to continue its dominance, expanding at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Geographically, Asia Pacific dominates the global guanidine carbonate market, followed by Europe.Asia Pacific is one of the leading producers and exporters of chemicals across the world. Growth of the global guanidine carbonate market in the region can be attributed to growth of the chemical industry in the region. The chemical industry in China, India, and ASEAN is expanding at a rapid pace. Growth of the global guanidine carbonate market in Europe can be attributed to growth of cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries in Europe.
- Growing demands in pharmaceuticals sector has resulted in market growth.
- Pharmaceutical grade is the primary market for guanidine carbonate market. Due to their chaotropic character both ultrapure Guanidine Hydrochloride and Guanidine thiocyanate are used as protein denaturants in the development and production of biopharmaceuticals and their generic versions called biosimilars. In addition, they are useful for the extraction of DNA and RNA in molecular diagnostics. Guanidine Carbonate is an alkaline, organic salt. Guanidine Carbonate’s primary functions have been for use in formulations for hair straightening, as a depilatory agent, for use in pH adjustment, and as a buffering agent.
- Increasing self-consciousness and demand for cosmetic products has resulted in market expansion.
- Cosmetic sector has been the primary market for Guanidine Carbonate followed by chemicals. Guanidine carbonates are mainly used as raw materials in cosmetic industry. Cosmetics comprise a range of products that are used to care for the face and body or to enhance or change the appearance of the face or body. The products include skin care, personal care, cosmetics, and fragrance. There is a vast array of cosmetics available, ranging from shampoo to moisturizer to lipstick. Each sub-category of cosmetics has its own characteristics; however, the products are generally formulated using a mixture of chemical compounds derived from natural sources or created synthetically. So, with the growing demand in cosmetic products, the market demand for guanidine market will also grow.
- Growing opportunities in developing economies will bolster the market growth.
- Countries such as China and India, with growing foreign direct investment for economic development of South East Asia, the current scenario is changing. Countries in South East Asia are witnessing high growth due to the increased demand of detergent, chemicals, pharmaceutical and other products. Due to the countries such as India & China where so many festivals are celebrated, due to which lots of cloths are also used and because of increase in demand of clothes, demand of detergents will automatically increase, which will eventually increase the demand of Guanidine market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the guanidine carbonate industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the guanidine carbonate market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight guanidine carbonate market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed guanidine carbonate market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Guanidine Carbonate Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Guanidine Carbonate market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is “Guanidine Carbonate “?
- What does " Guanidine Carbonate " allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make “Guanidine Carbonate “a critical organizational asset?
- What is " Guanidine Carbonate” Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the “Guanidine Carbonate” market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the " Guanidine Carbonate” Market?
- What are the key benefits of the “Guanidine Carbonate “Market report?
- What will be the anticipated growth rates for your own Guanidine Carbonate Market economy altogether and for every segment inside?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
Guanidine Carbonate Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Shanghai Jucheng Chemical, Nanjing Oriental Pearl Chemicals, Borealis, HSCC, S.B. Organic, AlzChem, Vihita, FabriChem, Hangzhou Xiangshun Chemical, AVATAR