Ammunition is an object that can be discharged from a weapon. Types of ammunition include bullets, bombs, land mines, missiles, grenades, and others. Guided ammunition is also refereed as smart bombs as guided ammunition are capable of hitting target precisely, hence reducing possibility of collateral damage. Types of guided ammunition includes inertial guided ammunition, satellite guided ammunition, laser-guided ammunition, and others. The size of ammunition is expressed in terms of calibre. Ammunition are designed according to the weapons from which it would be used. Ammunitions that are less than calibre 20 mm are categorized as small arm and larger calibre ammunitions are considered as artillery.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- Due to COVID-19 situation, the research & development in guided ammunition companies across the globe has been hampered due to the declared lockdowns and government restrictions on public gatherings.
- As governments spending shift towards economic recovery due to COVID-19 pandemic, industries may experience reduction in quantity of order for guided ammunitions.
- Production rate of guided ammunition making companies have been affected adversely due to COVID-19 situation.
- Guided ammunition companies facing the temporary operational issues due to the restrictions on site access, imposed by government authorities to contain the spread of virus.
- Post COVID-19, global guided ammunition market will witness a significant growth as several countries have either already ordered or planning to procure guided ammunition for their forces.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Increasing military budget in developing countries, growing terrorism activities, rising warlike situations, and rising geopolitical disputes & conflicts among neighboring countries are some of the major factors that drive the guided ammunition market. However, formulation & stringent implementations of gun control legislation are hampering the market growth. On the contrary, development of lightweight ammunition and increasing research & development to develop advance ammunition will contribute further in the growth of the global guided ammunition market.
Rise in warlike situations
Unresolved border issues between various countries such as India-China, Iran-USA, and growing tensions over safety of sea trade routes are generating the warlike situations among countries. For instance, standoff between India & China has occurred in June 2020, which was resulted in bilateral loss of lives of soldiers. Such situations are leading to an exponential rise of stockpiling of ammunition. Additionally, purchasing of additional ammunition for stockpiling is also benefits in cost savings. Hence, rising warlike situations is generating demand of guided ammunition and thereby driving the growth of the global guided ammunition market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global guided ammunition industries along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global guided ammunition market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight the global guided ammunition market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global guided ammunition market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the guided ammunition market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global guided ammunition market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Guided Ammunition Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Nammo AS, General Dynamics Corporation, BAE Systems, Thales Group, ST Engineering, Olin Corporation., VISTA OUTDOOR OPERATIONS LLC., Hanwha Group., Northrop Grumman Corporation, Denel SOC Ltd, Rheinmetall AG