Gynecology is the study that deals with the health problems related to female reproductive systems like vagina, ovaries, and uterus and also with female breast. Rising population and life style of women lead to an increase of different diseases, which are related to gynecology. The devices that are used to treat and diagnose these diseases are called gynecological devices.
Gynecological devices market is in emerging state due to increase in elderly female population, and rise in prevalence of diseases related to female reproductive systems. Furthermore, factors such as increase in awareness ratio and sexually transmitted diseases in women also contribute towards the market growth. In addition, introduction of new devices in the market cause minimal discomfort, better efficiency, and increase in healthcare expenditure, and favorable reimbursement policies contribute towards the market growth of gynecological devices. However, factors such as delay in approvals from regulatory authorities and stringent government policies impede the market growth.
The world gynecological devices market is segmented based on product, end user, and geography. Based on product, the market is categorized into gynecological endoscopy devices, endometrial ablation devices, fluid management systems, female sterilization and contraceptive devices, hand instruments, and diagnostic imaging systems. Based on end users, the market is divided into hospitals, diagnostic centers, and clinics. The market is analyzed on the basis of four regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Product launch, collaboration & merger, and acquisition are the key strategies adopted by market players. Healthcare giant such as Boston Scientific Corporation has acquired IoGyn Inc., a California-based start-up that specializes in products for gynecology surgery in May 2014 creating a high growth in gynecological devices market.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players, such as Boston Scientific Corporation, Ethicon, Inc., Karl Storz Gmbh & Co. KG, Cooper Surgical, Inc., Hologic, Inc., Medtronic plc, Olympus Corporation, Stryker Corporation, Richard Wolf GmbH, and MedGyn Product Inc., is also provided in this report.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- In-depth analysis of the market is conducted based on market estimations of the key segments during 20142022.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the world gynecological devices market is provided in the report.
- Exhaustive analysis of the world gynecological devices market by product helps understand the different aspects of gynecological devices that are currently used along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
- Competitive intelligence of leading manufacturers and distributors of gynecological devices interpret the competitive scenario across various geographies.
- Analysis of current research and clinical developments within gynecological devices is provided with key market dynamic factors to predict the behavior of the market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENT:
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- By Products
- Gynecological Endoscopy Devices
- Endoscopic Imaging Systems
- Endometrial Ablation Devices
- Hydrothermal Ablation Devices
- Radiofrequency Ablation Devices
- Balloon Ablation Devices
- Others (Cryotherapy, Microwave, Laser)
- Fluid Management Systems
- Female Sterilization and Contraceptive Devices
- Permanent Birth Control
- Tubal Clips
- Tubal Rings
- Temporary Birth Control
- Intra Uterine Devices (IUD)
- Intravaginal Rings
- Subdermal Contraceptive Implants
- Hand Instruments
- Vaginal Speculum
- Biopsy Forceps
- Diagnostic Imaging Systems
- CT Scan
By End Users
- Diagnostic Centers
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Africa