Gypsum Board Market Analysis:
Gypsum board, also known as drywall or gypsum panel, is made up of hydrated calcium sulfate (gypsum). It is mayorly used in construction activities for ceilings and interior walls. Gypsum board can be directly attached to the wooden or metal framing or any other surfaces by adhesives, thereby replacing the use of traditional plaster. Gypsum boards exhibit better sound control, offer aesthetic look along with superior finishing, and is noncombustible, which makes it fire resistant. In addition, cost-effectiveness and easy installation make gypsum boards a better alternative to ply woods and bricks.
COVID-19 impact analysis
The outbreak of the COVID-19 across the globe has severely affected the gypsum board market to a notable extent.
- The growth for the construction industry has declined drastically as a result of economic downfall caused by the global pandemic. Since the major the construction industry is the major consumer of gypsum board, it has impacted the growth of the gypsum board market.
- Moreover, the nationwide lockdown caused disruptions and irregularities in the construction activities due to dearth of labor. This, in turn, has a severe impact on the demand of gypsum board in the global market.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Gypsum boards provide various advantages over conventional building materials such as wood, brick, and cement. Some of these advantages associated with gypsum boards are enhanced sound attenuation, resistance to corrosion in harsh climatic condition, and superior strength. In addition, rapid urbanization across the globe is leading to expansion of the construction sector with significant adoption of gypsum boards.
Being a noncombustible material, gypsum board is fire resistant and offers thermal insulation to the buildings. Moreover, it is cost-effective and easy to install, which propel its demand, globally. Furthermore, it offers aesthetic finish to the buildings, which boosts its demand in construction activities. In response to these factors, gypsum boards are increasingly being adopted in both residential and commercial applications. Furthermore, low maintenance costs and the durability associated with gypsum board drive the global market growth.
The market in the North America is expected to grow significantly, owing to increase in construction of more sustainable residential and commercial buildings. On the other hand, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at a considerable rate due to rapid urbanization along with major construction projects taken up by the governments in the emerging economies such as India and China.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global gypsum board industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global gypsum board market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global gypsum board market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global gypsum board market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global gypsum board market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Gypsum Board Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
American Gypsum, National Gypsum, Etex Group, Georgia Pacific, Taishan Gypsum Certainteed, Pabco Gypsum, Saint-Gobain Gyproc, Gulf Gypsum Co., Knauf, Lafarge Holcim, USG Corporation