Harmonics are currents and voltages that are continuous multiples of the fundamental frequency of 60Hz. Large quantities of harmonics can lead to malfunctioning of the system that results in downtime and increase in operating costs. Harmonic filter is used to eliminate the harmonic distortion caused by appliances. Harmonic filter consists of capacitors, inductors, and resistors that deflect harmonic currents to the ground. The use of harmonic filters has enabled manufacturers to reduce production downtime and operating costs.
Growth in application in industrial and commercial sectors and stringent regulatory standards regarding energy consumption drive the harmonic filter market. However, lack of consumer awareness regarding harmonic suppression and high cost of harmonic filters restrains the market growth. Although imminent enforcement of stringent government regulations opens new opportunities for the players operating in the market.
The harmonic filter market is segmented based on the types of filters, which include passive filtering, active filtering, and hybrid filtering. Based on the voltage levels, it is bifurcated into high voltage and low voltage level harmonic filters. Based on its end-user, the market is classified into industrial, commercial and residential. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Mexico, and Canada), Europe (UK, Germany, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, South Korea, India, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
Major companies profiled in the report include Schneider Electric, Schaffner Holding AG, Siemens Ltd., MTE Corporation, Janitza Electronics GmbH, Epcos AG, Vertiv Co., Eaton, Danfoss Group Global, CG Power and Industrial Solutions Limited, Baron Power Ltd., ABB, Anhui Tongfeng Electronics Co. Ltd., Comsys AB, and TDK Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the harmonic filter market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 20172023 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the market
- Porters Five Forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
- Value chain analysis provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain.
- Passive Filtering
- Active Filtering
- Hybrid Filtering
BY VOLTAGE LEVEL
- Low voltage level
- High voltage level
BY END USER
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Schneider Electric
- Schaffner Holding AG
- Siemens Ltd.
- MTE Corporation
- Janitza Electronics GmbH
- Epcos AG
- Vertiv Co.
- Danfoss Group Global
- CG Power and Industrial Solutions Limited