Headwear is worn on the head of a person. It includes hats, caps, helmets, and headbands and is manufactured from fabric. Other head wears such as helmets are manufactured from a material that protects the head from any injury. Headwear, mainly caps, are generally counted as sports essentials among athletes, giving rise to trends such as athleisure. Players of sports such as cricket, baseball, and polo are progressively opting for headwear to boost field performance, gain extra comfort, and promote physical health. Headwear such as headbands and even beanies are now greatly perceived as fashionwear among consumers leading them to buy them more as a style statement than just a necessity. This change in the buying behavior of the end users is anticipated to boost the growth of the headwear market during the forecast period. Increase in fashion standards and chasing the athleisure look in fashion by millennials boost the growth of the headwear market.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 has impacted the headwear market as headwear comes under non-essential products, and the demand for the product is thus decreased during the pandemic period.
- The lockdown imposed in various countries forced to shut down the offline stores, impacting the demand and supply of the wearables from the commercial sectors, thus declining the growth of the market.
- Online sales is anticipated to experience growth during the pandemic period,.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in fashion standards among the young generation and millennials boosts the demand for headwear in the market.
- Advancement in technology and installing it in the product to attract the customers toward the product is a great strategy to increase the sales of the product in the overall market. Harley Davidson Boom! Audio N02 is one example of such technologically advanced product.
- The boom in sportswear has led sports cap to achieve a new prominence, moving from streetwear staple to stylish must-haves among general consumers, further permeating the menswear industry, globally.
- Always changing warfare tactics and military exercise require advance headwear to match the war tactics and protect the soldier from any injury that may happen during exercises they perform.
Innovations in headwear products
Owing to increase in personalization trend within the young generation, many big players are innovating their products offering customized headwear, especially caps. Consumers are more influenced by the latest fashion, making them customize their headwear with their apparel to stand out and develop their eccentricity. The rise in trend is greatly witnessed among dance groups, foodservice firms, and other service providers, further developing a great scope for the headwear market.
Passionate bike riders also require a better quality helmets. These helmets should be sturdy enough to protect the rider from accident and also be comfortable to wear. Including smart technology in these products additionally boost the market growth. Sena Momentum Inc Pro has entered the smart helmet game. Their higher end model is the Sena Momentum Inc Pro that comes with QHD camera, Bluetooth audio, group intercom, voice commands, and even music sharing.
Ballistic helmets are important body armor for anyone involved in the conflict or combat areas. These products do fall under headwear category and thus continuous innovations are required to boost the growth of the market.
Doctors or medical staff requires headwear in their duty and thus is an important accessory of their apparel. Better quality headwear helps them to keep their hair intact and also avoid any unwanted mistakes while performing critical operations. Innovation in these types of headwear also boost the overall headwear market sales.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the headwear industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the headwear market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight theheadwear market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed headwear market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the headwear market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Headwear" Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "Headwear" Market?
Headwear Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Boardriders Inc., New Era Cap, SuperGroup Plc, New Balance Inc., Adidas Ag, Under Armour Inc., Nike Inc., Pipolaki