Hearing implants are surgically implanted hearing devices that aid patients who are deaf or have other hearing issues. Hearing implants are used by patients who cannot hear even after using a hearing aid. There are four main types of hearing implants, namely, cochlear implants, bone-anchored hearing systems (BAHS), auditory brainstem implants, and middle ear implants.
The global hearing implants market is driven by a high incidence of hearing disorders, technological advancements in hearing implants, growth in geriatric population, and increase in patient preference for minimally invasive procedures. However, high cost of these devices restrains this growth (especially in developing nations). The growth opportunities in the emerging economies of Asia-Pacific and LAMEA are expected to boost the market growth during the forecast period.
The report segments the market based on product, application, end-user, and geography. Based on product, the market is divided intocochlear implants, bone-anchored hearing systems (BAHS), auditory brainstem implants, and middle ear implants. Hearing implants find applications for treatment of severe-to-profound sensorineural hearing loss, high frequency sensorineural hearing loss, and mild-to-severe sensorineural hearing loss. The end-user segment is categorized into hospitals & clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs). Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico); Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, and rest of Europe); Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Australia, India, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific); and LAMEA (Brazil, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, and rest of LAMEA).
The major companies profiled in the report include Medtronic plc, Cochlear Limited, Sonova Holding AG, William Demant Holding A/S, MED-EL, Sivantos Pte. Ltd., GN Store Nord A/S, IntriCon Corporation, Starkey Hearing Technologies, and Widex A/S.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- Thestudy provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2014 to 2022, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product helps in understanding the various types of devices used for treatment of hearing loss.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps in determining the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of the global market.
Hearing Implants Market Key Segments
- Hearing Implants
- Cochlear Implants
- Bone-Anchored Hearing Systems (BAHS)
- Auditory Brainstem Implants
- Middle Ear Implants
- Severe-to-Profound Sensorineural Hearing Loss
- High Frequency Sensorineural Hearing Loss
- Mild-to-Severe Sensorineural Hearing Loss
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA