Heart failure or congestive heart failure is a phenomenon, which occurs when the heart muscle is not able to pump blood properly or when it leads to conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol level, narrowing of blood vessels, and others. Heart failure diagnosis can be done by various ways such as blood tests, electrocardiogram chest x-ray, echocardiogram, and others.
Growth in incidence of heart failure, rise in incidence of diabetes, atherosclerosis, stroke, hypertension, and other conditions, technological advancements in cardiac heart failure treatment devices, sedentary lifestyle habits, and growth in geriatric population drive the market growth. However, reimbursement issues and high cost of diagnosing devices in the emerging countries are some of the factors that restrict the market growth. Moreover, new emerging technologies of cardiovascular treatment & diagnostics generate numerous opportunities in untapped markets in the near future.
The market is segmented on the basis of therapy, product, tests, and region. On the basis of therapy, it is divided into cardiac resynchronization therapy, ventricular assist devices, counterpulsation implants, heart failure surgery, fluid reduction, neurostimulation, hemodynamic monitoring, and central sleep apnea. On the basis of product, it is classified into electrocardiogram systems, holter monitors, event monitors, and implantable loop recorders.
On the basis of tests, it is categorized into electrocardiogram, blood tests, troponin, CK-MB, and others. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
The key players profiled include Abbott Laboratories, Beckman Coulter, Abiomed Inc., Berlin Heart GmbH, Biotronik SE & Co. KG, Boston Scientific Corporation, HeartWare International Inc., Jarvik Heart Inc., Medtronic plc, and St. Jude Medical.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product helps understand various types of therapies used for heart failure diagnostics.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidates the competitive outlook of the global market.
Heart Failure Diagnostics/Therapeutics Market Key Segments:
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
- Ventricular Assist Devices
- Counterpulsation Implants
- Heart Failure Surgery
- Fluid Reduction (Renal Impairment)
- Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Central Sleep Apnea
- ECG Systems
- Holter Monitors
- Event Monitors
- Implantable Loop Recorders
- Blood Tests
- Chest X-Ray
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Stress Test
- Cardiac Computerized Tomography (CT) Scan or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Coronary Angiogram
- Myocardial Biopsy
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA