Heart scan is a specialized X-ray test that provides a picture of coronary arteries and allows the doctor to look for any calcium deposit. The scan is done to take preventive steps by monitoring and detecting any unwanted clogging of the heart vessels due to the calcium accumulation, which might later lead to heart failure. The heart scan X-rays further diagnoses blood clots, injuries in the heart chambers, tumors, and even diseases, which are birth-related. This diagnosis, also known as coronary calcium scan, is one of the most common tests for a patient suffering from heart-related issue.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
At the early phase of COVID-19 pandemic, there was no availability of specific diagnostic tests to detect the disease in patients. Alternative diagnostic tests were used initially but were not much effective. This unavailability of specific COVID-19 diagnostic tests presented lucrative opportunities for diagnostic manufacturers to introduce their COVID-19 diagnostic kits. Many leading players as well as some start-ups from various countries utilized this opportunity and introduced COVID-19 diagnostics kits into local as well as global heart scan market. These players achieved edge over other diagnostics players capitalizing the opportunity from demand for COVID-19 diagnostic tests, which, in turn, helps them in maintaining their revenues in such a crisis.
Owing to such factors, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the heart scan market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase of unhealthy lifestyle such as smoking, irregular & unhealthy diet, rise in prevalence of high cholesterol thus resulting in the growth of the heart scan market.
- Rise in geriatric population along with increase in prevalence of chronic disease such as diabetics and cardiovascular disease has further fueled the growth of heart scanners globally.
- On the contrary, low Medicare reimbursement in the outpatient ECG devices, stringent government regulations, and high cost of diagnosis devices, the heart scan market growth rate might be hindered.
- With technological upgrades in healthcare sector for quicker and reliable results and the continuous advancements in the healthcare sector, there is immense scope for forming new pathways in the industry.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
In 2018, Samsung Electronics, a South Korean multinational electronics company and a leader in medical imaging devices showcased their latest radiographic device, GC85A, which provides outstanding image, at European Congress of Radiology (ECR).
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the heart scan industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the heart scan market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the heart scan market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Heart Scan Report
- Who are the leading players active in the heart scan market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the heart scan market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "heart scan"?
- What is "heart scan" market prediction in the future?
Heart Scan Market Report Highlights
By Market Type
By End Users
Key Market Players
Abbott Laboratories, Medtronic Inc., Maquet Medical India Private Limited, Smiths Medical, St. Jude Medical, Johnson & Johnson, Coloplast, Dispocard GmbH, Terumo Medical Corporation, Edwards Life Sciences Corporation, Teleflex Incorporated