Polyvinyl butyral (PVB) resin is a thermoplastic compound manufactured by condensation reaction of polyvinyl alcohol and butyraldehyde. It offers strong binding, optical clarity, toughness & flexibility, and adhesion to many surfaces. PVB is used as an interlayer, which binds two panes of glass together.
The interlayer holds the glass together in the event of a collision and prevents the glass from breaking. It exhibits special characteristics such as transparency, impact resistance, high tensile strength, and elasticity, which make it suitable for the manufacture of safety glass in automotive and construction sectors.
Heat insulated PVB laminated glasses are used in windshields of automobile and in architectural glass, owing to their durability, safety, sound reduction, UV radiation control, solar energy control, weather resistance, and enhanced aesthetic appearance. In addition, there are increasing applications of PVB films in photovoltaic cells.
Heat insulated PVB films in solar cells provide thermal insulation, high resistance to oxygen & vapor, and protection from external impacts, which drive the growth of the global heat insulated PVB film market. Increase in government initiatives for renewable energy usage, rise in investment in solar energy, and reduction in custom & excise duties for solar panel parts in countries such as China and India propel the market growth in solar energy sector.
Furthermore, the use of heat insulated PVB films in residential & commercial buildings helps to meet requirements of advanced energy codes, provides comfort to building occupants, and contributes toward green building certifications, which fuels the market growth.
Rise in population has led to increased construction activities in Middle East, India, China, Brazil, and others, which is expected to propel the market growth. Moreover, the development of automotive industry is expected to further accelerate the market growth during the forecast period. However, volatility in raw material prices and high recycling activities of PVB films in Europe & North America hamper the market growth.
The heat insulated PVB film market is segmented on the basis of application and geography. Applications covered in the study include automobile, construction, and solar panel. The report analyzes the market trends in different geographies, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global essential heat insulation PVB film market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends as well as quantitative analysis for the period to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the application of heat insulation PVB film.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Heat Insulated PVB Film Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Huakai Plastic (Chongqing) Co. Ltd., Guangzhou Aojisi New Materials Co., Ltd., Eastman Chemical Company, Sekisui Chemicals Co., Ltd., Everlam, Chang Chun Petrochemicals Co., Ltd., Tiantai Kanglai Industrial Co., Ltd., Dulite PVB Film, Kingboard (Fo Gang) Specialty Resins Limited, Kuraray Co., Ltd.