Helicopter is a type of rotorcraft in which lift ad thrust are supplied by horizontally spinning rotors. This allows the helicopter to take off and land vertically, to hover, and to fly forward, backward, and laterally. These attributes allow helicopters to be used in congested or isolated areas where fixed-wing aircraft and many forms of vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft cannot perform. Thus, due to its VTOL feature helicopter is preferred mode transportation since, most places do not have a runway for aircraft take-off. Moreover, helicopter is being used extensively in military and defense sector for transportation of troops and military equipment. Also, helicopters low flying capabilities makes it the best option for surveillance and spraying pesticides in agriculture field. Furthermore, helicopters 360-degree manoeuvrability helps in better movement during tactical and search & rescue missions. In addition, during earthquake & floods helicopter are being used by disaster management for rescuing and providing relief to areas difficult to reach. The offshore oil rigs are the extensive users of helicopter for transportation since it is the only mode of transport to reach the rigs from land.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
Due to COVID-19 government across major countries have announced lockdown leading to business shutdowns. All the oil & gas and mining operations were halted during these periods which affected the demand for transportation via helicopters. Moreover, due to lockdown all the original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) had halted their helicopter manufacturing which affected demand and supply of supply of helicopters. Furthermore, during COVID-19 helicopter was extensively used by the health sector for transporting critical patients to hospitals and also transporting medical equipment to different hospitals. In addition, government has reduced military & defense budget due to the pandemic which has affected their plans for procurement of helicopter. Transportation via helicopter is an evolving sector which had a slight setback due to pandemic but is expected to recover post pandemic driving growth of helicopter-based transportation market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in demand of helicopters from military & defense, rise in use of helicopters in transportation, touring, & VIP movement, and rise in use of helicopter in disaster management is expected to drive growth of the market.
- However, high-cost helicopter booking and rise in fuel prices can hamper growth of the market.
- Moreover, rise in use of helicopter for commercial purpose, rise in use of helicopter in oil & gas industry, and rise in use of helicopters by mining industry can act as an opportunity for growth of the market.
Rise in demand of helicopters from military & defense
Rise in disputes between neighbouring countries and threats of terrorist attack have increased the use of helicopter for surveillance. Moreover, helicopter is used to transport military cargoes to distant difficult terrain where it is difficult to reach. Thus, government have started increasing their defense budget to procure new equipment. For instance, according to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), the global military expenditure has increased by 3.6% in 2019 as compared to 2018. Therefore, rise in demand of helicopter for transportation in military & defense is expected to drive growth of helicopter-based transportation market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the helicopter-based transportation market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the helicopter-based transportation market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the helicopter-based transportation market growth scenario.
- The report provides detailed helicopter-based transportation market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the helicopter-based transportation market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the helicopter-based transportation market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the helicopter-based transportation market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Helicopter-Based Transportation Market Report Highlights
By Order Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Falcon Aviation, Bristow Group Inc., PHI Inc., Central Helicopter Services AG, AIR CENTER HELICOPTERS, Air Charter Service India Pvt. Ltd., CHC Group LLC, Leonardo Spa, Heli-Central, Global Helicopter Service GmbH