Helicopter swashplate is an integral and important part of the rotor assembly. A swashplate is a device that converts the input helicopter flight controls into the motion of the rotor blades. The swashplate assembly consists of two main parts, a stationary swashplate, and a rotating swashplate. The stationary (outer) swashplate is mounted on the main rotor mast and is connected to the cyclic and collective controls by a series of pushrods. It can tilt in all directions and move vertically. Moreover, the rotating (inner) swashplate is mounted to the stationary swashplate with the help of bearing and is allowed to rotate with the main rotor mast. An anti-rotation link prevents the inner swash from rotating the blades independently and applying torque to the actuators. The outer swashplate also has an anti-rotation slider to prevent it from rotating. Furthermore, the swashplate tilts up and down as one unit which is connected to the pitch horns via pitch links thus giving time to the blades to fly up or fly down. Thus, with one of the helicopter swashplates in stationery, and other is allowed to move through the attachment of bearings to the helicopter swashplate.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Due to COVID-19, the government of major countries has announced lockdown which has led to business shutdown and economic slowdown. The pandemic has also disrupted helicopter manufacturing since all the manufacturing units have been shut down due to the lockdown. Moreover, the governments might reduce the budget of the military to invest more in the healthcare sector. Thus, it would reduce the demand for military helicopters which will directly affect the helicopter swashplate market. Furthermore, due to unavailability of labor for manufacturing and disruption in raw material supply for swashplate manufacturing will further delay the operation. In addition, the helicopter is an evolving sector that had a negative impact due to the pandemic which is expected to recover post the pandemic further driving the helicopter swashplate market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in investment for development of military air force in various countries, increase in usage of helicopters for commercial & private application, and surge in medical emergency & offshore helicopter activities can drive growth of the market.
However, high maintenance and high fare of helicopter travel can hamper growth of the market.
Moreover, rise in aftermarket sales for helicopter swashplate, rise in sales & usage of helicopters for civil applications, and rise in R&D for further improvement of helicopter act as an opportunity for the growth of the helicopter swashplate market.
Investment for the development of military air force in various countries
- The need to prevent invasions and enemy attacks has increased the investment in the development of the military air force. Moreover, advancement in technology has led to a rise in the modernization of the defense structure in aviation sector, which has driven the demand for sophisticated helicopters.
- For instance, North America will procure heavy traction helicopter swashplate to back its investments in defense and military.
- In addition, U.S. also has an immense fleet of civilian helicopters which is expected to contribute towards the sale of helicopter swashplate. Furthermore, to strengthen the military air force India has bought 22 Apache and 15 Chinook helicopters made by Boeing from the U.S. All these developments in the defense sector will drive the growth of the helicopter swashplate market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the helicopter swashplate market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with the challenges of the helicopter swashplate market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2030 to highlight the helicopter swashplate market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed helicopter swashplate market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the helicopter swashplate market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the helicopter swashplate market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Helicopter Swashplate Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Helicopter Type
By Sales Channel
By End User
Key Market Players
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Carson Helicopters, Eagle Technologies, KAMAN CORPORATION, Bell Textron Inc., Bell Helicopters, Lockhead Martin Corporation, SKF, The Boeing Company, Ducommun Incorporated