Helideck is a heliport positioned on a floating or fixed offshore facility such as an exploration or production unit used for the exploitation of oil or gas. Helideck monitoring system is designed to abide by rules and regulation of region and aviation safety. It provides information regarding flight, screenshots to the operator of a helicopter for flight planning, and communication hierarchical storage management (HSM) data to remote or local users. Moreover, the system is developed to measure, calculate, and visualize all significant weather conditions and analyse helideck motion to confirm maximum safety at the time of helicopter landing & take-off activities. Furthermore, the system offers real-time information on the current weather such as direction & speed of the wind, barometric pressure, air temperature, vertical velocity, cloud height, and helideck attitude. All the weather information is detected via meteorological sensors to display navigation data in a clear, easy-to-read graphic user interface and have a successful helicopter operation in an offshore environment.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted the production, transportation, and distribution in the oil and gas industry. Since the there was a travel restriction due to COVID-19 the use of helicopter for travelling to and from oil rigs was restricted which affected the demand for use & maintenance of helideck monitoring system. Furthermore, the manufacturing of new offshore oil rigs was also halted due to the pandemic which affected the demand for new helideck monitoring system. Also, there was unavailability of raw material required for helideck manufacturing and unavailability of skilled professional for software development of helideck monitoring system. Offshore oil & gas rigs are constantly increasing in number which had a slight setback due to the pandemic, but it is expected to grow post pandemic driving the growth of helideck monitoring system market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in offshore oil & gas exploration activities, rise in demand of crude oil, and rise in demand for safety & security is expected to drive growth of the market.
However, rise in threats of cyber-attacks and lack of skilled professionals can hamper growth of the market.
Moreover, rise in use of vessels, rise in use of sensor technology, and rise in demand for automatic technology, and rise in use of helideck monitoring system by military & defense can act as an opportunity for growth of the market.
Rise in offshore oil & gas exploration activities
The rise in demand for fuel globally has increased the exploration activities to find new offshore oil & gas rigs to support the increasing demand. For instance, in 2021 Northern Offshore, a drilling unit of Shandong Offshore International, has won a contract of $25.4 million from Sinogeo’s Smart Oil Investment for drilling services in the Bohai Sea through a tender process. Moreover, in 2021 oil field service company Saipem has been awarded by Wintershall Dea Norge a contract for the drilling campaign of six wells plus options to drill additional wells in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea. Thus, rise in offshore oil & gas exploration activities is expected to drive growth of helideck monitoring system market.
Lack of skilled professionals
Offshore operations are a bit more complex than others which requires a higher level of trained professionals to land and take off from an offshore installation and to identify the weather conditions. Moreover, in the landing and taking off from the moving helidecks, it highly requires airmanship skills more than moving in a fixed platform. Thus, lack of skilled helicopter pilots can hamper growth of helideck monitoring system market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the helideck monitoring system market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the helideck monitoring system market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight helideck monitoring system market growth scenario.
- The report provides detailed helideck monitoring system market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the helideck monitoring system market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the helideck monitoring system market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the helideck monitoring system market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Helideck Monitoring System Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Observator Group, Miros AS, Fugro N.V., Monitor Systems Ltd, Kongsberg Gruppen ASA, ABB Ltd, Vaisala Oyj, Dynamax Inc., RigStat LP, ASB Systems PVT. LTD