Hematological malignancy, also known as hematological disease, is a type of cancer impacting bone marrow, blood, and lymph nodes. Different sorts of mature blood cells include white blood cells for immune protection, platelets for wound clotting, and red blood cells to carry oxygen. In the bone marrow, it originates from progenitor cells and hematopoietic stem. Hematologic malignancies initiate in these cells and are subcategorized as per the type of blood cell that is affected such as myeloid or myelogenous or and lymphocytic lymphoblastic. A malignancy in the lymphoid lineage involves B lymphocytes and T lymphocytes. Malignancy in the myeloid lineage involves precursor cells to white blood cells platelets and red blood cells.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the global hematologic malignancies treatment market.
Top Impacting Factors
An increase in cases of blood cancer, availability of improved healthcare infrastructure, need for advanced cancer treatment, and rise in in investment in cancer research are factors that drive the growth of the hematologic malignancies treatment market.
In addition, increase in healthcare expenditure, availability of skilled professionals, collaborations & partnerships between key players to facilitate drug development, rise in R&D activities to improve quality of drugs, launch of the novel developed drug in market, and technological development in cancer research are some factors that boost the market growth for hematologic malignancies treatment market.
Additionally, rising approvals of new drugs for the treatment and increasing awareness about early diagnosis of these cancers are likely to foster the growth of the hematological malignancies treatment market globally.
Costly medications and huge capital expenditure will hinder the market growth.
New product launches to flourish the market
- In March 2021, U.S. FDA approval was received by Sanofi S.A. for its Sarclisa (isatuximab) in combination with dexamethasone and carfilzomib for patients suffering from refractory or relapsed multiple myeloma.
- In February 2021, U.S. FDA accelerated approval was received by TG Therapeutics, Inc, for UKONIQ (umbralisib), an oral inhibitor of phosphoinositide 3 kinase (PI3K) delta and casein kinase 1 (CK1) epsilon for the treatment of adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma (FL) and relapsed or refractory marginal zone lymphoma (MZL).
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the hematologic malignancies treatment industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the hematologic malignancies treatment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed hematologic malignancies treatment market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Hematologic Malignancies Treatment Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the hematologic malignancies treatment market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is " hematologic malignancies treatment "?
- What is " hematologic malignancies treatment " market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the " hematologic malignancies treatment " market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the " hematologic malignancies treatment " market report?
Hematologic Malignancies Treatment Market Report Highlights
By Disease Condition
By End User
Key Market Players
Pfizer, Inc., AbbVie, Inc., F. Hoffmann-LA Roche ltd, Johnson & Johnson, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Sanofi S.A., Novartis AG, Celgene Corporation, Amgen Inc, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.