Hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis is an essential treatment for people who suffer from chronic kidney disease and acute kidney injury. Both hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis procedures assist the kidneys to filter and remove waste & extra fluid from the body. Hemodialysis helps remove wastes such as urea from the blood, along with maintaining proper balance of electrolytes in the blood using a special filter called an artificial kidney. Peritoneal dialysis procedures utilize the lining of the abdomen to filter the blood in people who suffer from kidney failures.
The major factors that fuel the growth of the market are increasing number of final stage renal disease patients along with the increasing prevalence of diabetes and hypertension globally. In addition, transition from kidney transplantation to regular dialysis procedures and increasing investments by market players to develop new hemodialysis products leads to the market growth. However, risks and complications associated with both the dialysis procedures along with unstable reimbursement policies restrain the growth of the hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market. Moreover, untapped regions and technological advancements in hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis procedures will offer profitable opportunities for the growth of the hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market.
The report segments the market on the basis of product, type, end user, and region. Based on type, the market is divided into hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. Based on product, the market is classified into device and consumables. Based on end use the market is divided into home-based dialysis and hospital-based dialysis. Based on region, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players profiled in this market are Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA, NIPRO Medical Corporation, B. Braun Avitum AG, Baxter International, Inc., Diaverum Deutschland GmbH, Nikkiso Co. Ltd., NxStage Medical, Inc., Asahi Kasei Corporation, Medicators, Inc., and DaVita Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by type assists in understanding various forms of hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis products available.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Hemodialysis And Peritoneal Dialysis Market Key Segmentation:
- Conventional Hemodialysis
- Short Daily Hemodialysis
- Nocturnal Hemodialysis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
- Automated Peritoneal Dialysis (APD)
- Water Treatment System
By End Use
- Home-based Dialysis
- Hospital-based Dialysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA