Hemodialysis is a process of purifying the blood of a person suffering from kidney dysfunctioning. A hemodialysis access or vascular access is thus required to reach blood by using a catheter. The catheters used for hemodialysis are tunneled, as they are placed under the skin.
Increase in prevalence of kidney failure and other renal diseases such as chronic kidney disease (CKD) and related risk factors such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and hypertension drives the growth of the global hemodialysis catheters market. As per the kidney disease statistics provided by the American Kidney Fund, over 31 million people in the U.S. suffered from chronic kidney diseases in 2015. Thus, such high prevalence of kidney diseases fuels the demand for hemodialysis catheters. However, blood infections and thrombosis due to the use of catheters restrain the growth of the market.
The report segments the hemodialysis catheters market on the basis of product, end user, and geography. Based on product, the market is categorized into acute hemodialysis catheter, chronic hemodialysis catheter, peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) line, and implanted port. The chronic hemodialysis catheters segment is subsegmented into tunneled catheter, which is further classified into cuffed and non-cuffed tunneled catheter. By end user, the market is divided into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical clinics, and dialysis centers. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
With rise in prevalence of renal failure & related problems, Continuous innovation and R&D activities are being conducted by the market players to sustain the intense completion in the market.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA, NIKKISO CO., LTD B. Braun Melsungen AG, NIPRO Medical Corporation, and others are provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global hemodialysis catheters market.
- In-depth analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- This study evaluating the competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations for 2017 to 2023, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global hemodialysis catheters market is provided.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global hemodialysis catheters market by product helps to understand the types of catheters that are currently being used for hemodialysis along with the variants that are expected to gain prominence in the future.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within is provided with key market dynamic factors that help to understand the behavior of the market
- Key market players are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand the competitive outlook of the market
Hemodialysis Catheters Market Key Segments:
- Acute Hemodialysis Catheter
- Chronic Hemodialysis Catheter
- Tunneled Catheter
- Cuffed Tunneled Catheter
- Non-cuffed Tunneled Catheter
- PICC (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter) Line
- Implanted Port
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Clinics
- Dialysis Centers Diagnosis
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA