Hemorrhagic stroke, commonly known as cerebral hemorrhage, is a condition caused by the rupturing of cerebral blood vessels. Hemorrhagic stroke is mainly of two types - intracerebral hemorrhage and subarachnoid hemorrhage. Intracerebral hemorrhage happens when a deteriorated blood vessel inside the brain ruptures and leaks blood into neighboring brain tissues.
Aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations are the damaged blood vessels that usually cause hemorrhagic stroke. Overuse of antihypertensive drugs is often held responsible for hemorrhagic stroke. In the brain, bleeding occurs due to brain tumor, accidents, stroke, or high blood pressure, or other health conditions. Of all the stroke cases, 13% strokes are hemorrhagic strokes. Still, it is accountable for about 40% of all stroke casualties and signifies the extremely severe subtypes of stroke.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 has left tremendous pressure on healthcare services. With the anticipated pathophysiological mechanism of neurologic injury by COVID-19, it was expected that the frequency of stroke and hospital admissions were expected to increase. But neurologists in recent months from different parts of the world have notified a fair drop in the volume of acute 0stroke patients visiting emergency care.
A study done by the National Institute of Neurosciences and Hospital (NINS&H) revealed more than 50% decrease in acute stroke admission throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether the reduction is related to the overall restriction on public movement by the government or is it the concern of getting infected by COVID-19 from hospitalization remains unidentified.
Top Impacting Factors
- High chances of increase in the occurrences of stroke because of the lifestyle changes and growing problems of chronic diseases, is expected to boost the hemorrhagic stroke drugs market.
- The shorter onset of action of hemorrhagic stroke drugs is likely to drive the market.
- The natural and pathological changes that arise with the aging population make the central nervous system and cardiovascular system more prone to strokes, which are anticipated to help the hemorrhagic stroke drugs market thrive.
- High cost of the treatment and potential side effects from medications are expected to restrict the market growth during the forecast period.
- Patent expiry and entry of generics into the market can slow down the demand for branded drugs, thereby negatively affecting the market growth.
- Advancement of novel therapies for hemorrhagic stroke medication is one of the substantial trends of the hemorrhagic stroke drug market. Numerous possible new treatment approaches have been developed or are under development to offer better therapies to the patients which are expected to boost the market growth.
- Factors such as the rising incidence in the aging population and the advanced diagnostic modalities for hemorrhagic stroke resurgence are anticipated to provide substantial growth opportunities to hemorrhagic stroke treatment companies.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
In November, 2020, AstraZeneca’s Brilinta (ticagrelor) was approved in the U.S. to reduce the risk of stroke, a leading cause of disability and death worldwide.
In February 2020, Abbott Laboratories got the approval for Amplatzer Amulet left atrial appendage to occlude by the U.S. FDA for the people suffering from stroke. This approach assisted the company in expanding its stroke management product portfolio.
Surge in Usage in Hemorrhagic Stroke Treatment
The hemorrhagic stroke market has witnessed several novel therapies that are designed specifically to enhance stroke outcomes. In addition, rise in adoption of hemorrhagic stroke treatment can be credited to the current high unmet medical needs and entry of highly priced therapies in the market. Key players are aiming at advancement of new drugs and stem cell therapies with improved efficacy.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the hemorrhagic stroke drugs market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the hemorrhagic stroke drugs market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the hemorrhagic stroke drugs market based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Hemorrhagic Stroke Drugs Market Report
- Which are the leading players active in the hemorrhagic stroke drugs market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections are expected to help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "hemorrhagic stroke drugs“?
- What is "hemorrhagic stroke drugs" market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "hemorrhagic stroke drugs" market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "hemorrhagic stroke drugs" market report?
Hemorrhagic Stroke Drugs Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC, Daiichi Sankyo Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Zydus Cadila, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, AstraZenica, Johnson and Johnson Services, Inc., Novartis AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company