Heparin coated stents are small elastic tubes that possess a unique heparin surface. Heparin coated stents prevent thrombotic occlusion of the stent, hemorrhagic complications, and restenosis. They are usually made of metal mesh and are implanted into the lumen of blood vessels or ducts to keep the passage open. A stent implant is commonly used to treat cardiac abnormalities such as blocked blood vessels.
The major factors that drive the growth of the global heparin coated stents market are rapid growth due to rising geriatric population, who are highly susceptible to strokes and require stent implant for treatment, technological advancements in stents such as polymer coatings, increased adoption rate of these heparin coated stents, and increased risk of restenosis in patients undergoing angioplasty. In addition, unhealthy diet habits and lack of necessary physical activity lead to the development of cardiovascular diseases, which increase the need for percutaneous coronary interventions. Conversely, high specificity of heparin coated stents, exorbitant cost of heparin coated stent implant procedures, and stringent government regulations are the key factors that hamper the market growth.
The report segments the global heparin coated stents market based on product and application. Based on product, the market is divided into retrograde stents, antegrade stents, internal (double-j) stents, and others. By application, the market is categorized into restenosis, stent thrombosis, hemorrhagic complications, and others. In terms of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals & clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, and others.
Geographically, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. Product development is the key strategy adopted by the global heparin coated stents market players. The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the key players that operate in the global heparin coated stents market. The major key players of the market include Abbott Laboratories, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Biotronik SE & Co. KG, Boston Scientific Corporation, C.R. Bard, Inc., Elixir Medical Corporation, Medtronic plc, Microport Scientific Corporation, and Stentys SA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global heparin coated stents market and the current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets from 2016 to 2023.
- The report presents quantitative analysis of the market to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market based on product type helps understand the trends in the industry.
- Key market players and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Heparin Coated Stent Market Key Segments:
- Retrograde Stents
- Antegrade Stents
- Internal (double-J) Stents
- Stent Thrombosis
- Hemorrhagic Complications
By End User
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA