Hernia is a disease that occurs when an organ pushes through an opening in the muscle or tissue that holds it in place or when an organ or fatty tissue squeezes through a weak spot in a surrounding muscle or connective tissue called fascia. Hernias mostly occur in the abdomen, but they can also occur in upper thigh, belly button, and groin areas. Hernia mesh devices are used to treat symptoms associated with hernia, and they are safe, reliable, economic to use, and show immediate product release and complete penetration.
The key factors that drive the market include rise in demand for advanced meshes, high recurrence rate of hernia, increase in adoption of robotic surgeries, and surge in population. However, high cost for the development of hernia repair devices and inconsistent reimbursement policies may restrain the market growth. Factors such as technological advancements, opportunities in emerging economies, and collaborative approaches of legal authorities across emerging economies may favor the market growth in future.
The hernia mesh devices market is segmented on the basis of product, surgery type, hernia type, and region. Based on product, it is bifurcated into fixation devices and consumables. The consumables are further sub-segmented into mesh and biological materials. Based on surgery type, the market is divided into open tension-free repair and laparoscopic surgery. On the basis of hernia type, it is categorized into incisional hernia, umbilical hernia, inguinal hernia, femoral hernia, and others. Geographically, is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA.
Major players operating in the hernia mesh devices market include Medtronic plc, Ethicon, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, C.R. Bard, Inc., Atrium, W.L. Gore & Associates, LifeCell Corporation, Cook Medical Inc., Herniamesh S.r.l., and B. Braun Melsungen AG.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to study the competitive outlook of the global market.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Exhaustive analysis of the hernia mesh devices market by type helps in understanding the types of devices that are currently being used along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
Hernia Mesh Devices Market Key Segments:
- Fixation Devices
- Synthetic Material
- Absorbable Mesh
- Composite Mesh
- Non-absorbable Mesh
- Biological Material
By Surgery Type
- Open Tension-free Repair
- Laparoscopic Surgery
By Hernia Type
- Incisional Hernia
- Umbilical Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Femoral Hernia
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA