High Frequency Ventilators Market Research, 2031
The global high frequency ventilators market size was valued at $92.7 million in 2021, and is projected to reach $162.1 million by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 5.8% from 2022 to 2031. High-frequency ventilation (HFV) is a type of ventilation that is utilized when conventional ventilation fails. It is a technique where the set respiratory rate greatly exceeds the normal breathing rate.
Preterm birth rates are rising due to a variety of issues, and this factor is expected to drive the global high frequency ventilators market growth during the forecast period. Premature babies' lungs are underdeveloped and they require breathing assistance as are unable to breathe on their own. Different types of high-frequency ventilators deliver ventilation at different breathing rates, thereby assisting in the provision of better treatment. There are several government initiatives to manage preterm treatment and it is expected to drive the global frequency ventilators market expansion.
However, the handling of high-frequency ventilators is difficult and there is a need for skilled professionals to handle it. This factor is projected to hamper the market growth. Adverse reactions, such as lung collapsing, have also been observed. This factor is also expected to restrict the growth of the market for high frequency ventilators market Forecast period.
The high frequency ventilators industry players are investing a lot of effort in the R&D of smart and unique strategies to sustain their growth in the market. These strategies include product launches, mergers & acquisitions, collaborations, partnerships, and refurbishing of existing technology. COPD and asthma are the most common respiratory conditions worldwide. According to the World Health Organization, COPD is the third leading cause of death worldwide, accounting for 3.23 million deaths in 2019. Philips launched the Ventilator BiPAP A40 Expiratory Flow Limitation (EFL), a noninvasive ventilator for COPD patients, in November 2020. This ventilator allows clinicians to detect EFL in hypercapnic COPD patients at the point of care, ensuring optimal homecare therapy. An increase in demand for home healthcare is expected to boost high frequency ventilators market opportunity in the upcoming years.
The key players profiled in this report include Percussionaire Corp., Bunnell 436 Lawndale Drive, ACUTRONIC Medical Systems AG, An Inspiration Healthcare Group Company, VYAIRE MEDICAL, INC., Carl Reiner GmbH, BPL Medical Technologies, General Electric Company, and Getinge AB.
The high frequency ventilators market is segmented on the basis of type, application, end-user, and region. By type, the market is classified into high-frequency oscillatory ventilator, high-frequency jet ventilator, high-frequency percussive ventilator, and others. By application, the market is divided into neonates and others. By end-user, the market is classified into hospitals and others. By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The high frequency ventilators market is segmented into Type, Application and End-user.
By type, the high-frequency oscillatory ventilator sub-segment dominated the market in 2021. High-frequency oscillatory ventilation (HFOV) is a lung-protective strategy that can be used in a wide range of patient populations suffering from an acute lung injury, from neonates to adults. When conventional mechanical ventilation (CV) fails, HFOV is frequently used as a rescue strategy. Hence, LC oscillators are used for the generation of high-frequency signals. These are predicted to be the major factors affecting the high frequency ventilators market size during the forecast period.
By application, the neonates sub-segment dominated the global high frequency ventilators market share in 2021. A newborn is another name for a neonate. The first four weeks of a child's existence are known as the neonatal period. It is a period of extremely rapid change. Several important things could happen during this time: patterns of feeding are established and a newborn baby cannot breathe on their own and need assistance with breathing. Preterm birth rates are rising annually due to a number of factors. This factor is anticipated to boost the market for high-frequency ventilators globally during the forecast years.
By end-user, the hospitals sub-segment dominated the global high frequency ventilators market share in 2021. A rise in hospital spending allows for the acceptance of technologically advanced ventilators. Furthermore, the availability of skilled healthcare providers to operate these ventilators, the increase in emphasis on better health outcomes, and the increase in hospital productivity, are all factors that contribute to the segment growth. Furthermore, the constant monitoring provided by hospital staff is likely to increase patients' preference for this healthcare facility.
The North America high frequency ventilators market accounted for a dominating market share in 2021. The region provides significant growth opportunities for key players in the high frequency ventilators market. The North America market for high frequency ventilators is predicted to rise due to the increase in the prevalence of preterm births and the high risk of respiratory complications connected with it. For example, in October 2021, Movair, a respiratory treatment firm, debuted Luisa a sophisticated ventilator designed for use in homes, institutions, hospitals, or portable applications for both invasive and non-invasive ventilation.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global High-Frequency Ventilators Industry
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has had a moderate impact on the high-frequency ventilators market. In 2020, the unprecedented arrival of COVID-19 increased the demand for mechanical ventilators rapidly. The intuitive measures taken by the government and manufacturers to combat the initial lack of equipment for the pandemic resulted in a rapid inflow of ventilators.
- COVID-19 infection causes respiratory failure and necessitates critical care with ventilator support. To oxygenate critically ill COVID-19 patients, ventilation has been used regularly. Therefore, the COVID-19 pandemic led to an increase in demand for high-frequency ventilators.
- Furthermore, key manufacturers in the mechanical ventilators market, as well as the governments of various countries have taken steps to increase market production in order to meet the high demand for ventilators during the pandemic.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the high frequency ventilators market analysis from 2021 to 2031 to identify the prevailing high frequency ventilators market opportunities.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the high frequency ventilators market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global high frequency ventilators market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.
High Frequency Ventilators Market Report Highlights
Market Size By 2031
USD 162.1 million
CAGR of 5.8%
2021 - 2031
Key Market Players
Getinge AB, Inspiration Healthcare Group plc, ACUTRONIC Medical Systems AG, Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, BPL Medical Technologies, Bunnell 436 Lawndale Drive, General Electric Company, Percussionaire Corp., Carl Reiner GmbH, VYAIRE MEDICAL, INC.
The rise in the prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and other respiratory disorders such as sleep apnea, acute lung injury, and hypoxemia are the primary drivers of the market expansion. The increase in the number of preterm births and the rapidly growing geriatric population is also expected to accelerate the high frequency ventilators market growth. Furthermore, the high prevalence of tobacco smoking, which causes respiratory diseases, is also expected to drive the market growth. However, there is a lack of market awareness about respiratory diseases, which results in many undiagnosed and undertreated patients. The high cost of high frequency ventilators is anticipated to hamper the market growth. A number of technical developments, including the creation of advanced portable ventilators and advancements in sensor technologies used in ventilators, are anticipated to offer promising market opportunities. In addition, improvements in non-invasive and microprocessor-controlled portable ventilators are expected to open up a number of prospective growth opportunities for the sector. Increase in government financing for the construction of modern healthcare facilities in rural parts of developing and underdeveloped nations is projected to create a number of potential development prospects for the major players operating in the high frequency ventilators market.
Among the analyzed regions, North America is expected to account for the highest revenue in the market by the end of 2031, followed by Asia-Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA. The rising prevalence of diseases and growing geriatric population leads to an increase in demand for high-frequency ventilators, which is expected to be the key factor responsible for the leading position of North America and Asia-Pacific in the global high-frequency ventilators market.