High-K and ALD CVD Metal Precursors Market Outlook – 2027
Atomic layer deposition (ALD) is a thin-film deposition technique based on the sequential use of a type of chemical vapour deposition process using two chemicals called precursors or reactants which react with the material surface one at a time in sequential, self-limiting manner. ALD is a key process in fabrication of semiconductor devices part of the set of tools available for the synthesis of nanomaterial.
The materials have high dielectric values and are used for rapidly accessing and storing data. ALD offers remarkable deposition conformality in high-aspect-ratio structures, in addition to offering thickness control at the Angstrom level. ALD technique is used to produce thin films using high-k dielectric materials, such as Al2O3, Ta2O5, HfO2, and ZrO2 for DRAM, high-k gate oxides, and nitrides for electrodes and interconnects.
This cost-effective seamless manufacturing technique is used for fabricating low cost, highly portable variety of electronic products such as 3D-stacked ICs with multifaceted architecture. Further advancements in nanotechnology, rising development of LED technology and high dielectric constants, insulators imply that the high-K and ALD CVD metal precursors market share will undergo substantial growth in coming years.
The global High-K and ALD CVD metal precursors market is segmented on the basis of technology, industry vertical, and region. Based on technology, the High-K and ALD CVD metal precursors market is divided into memory/capacitor, interconnect, and gates. In terms of industry vertical, the market is categorized into consumer electronics, aerospace & defence, IT & telecommunication, industrial, automotive, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the market is analysed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Top Impacting Factors
High demand for a number of thin film materials for new industrial applications and active research on atomic layer deposition of noble metals such as ruthenium, rhodium, iridium, palladium, and platinum primarily drives the market growth. However, ALD/CVD process is limited to a few types of metal such as platinum, palladium, and rhodium, hence holding back advancements in growth in sales in addition to deterrent of impurity levels, which restrains the high-K and ALD CVD metal precursors market growth.
Contrarily, high-k dielectric layers find sweeping applications in metal-insulator-metal (MIM), non-volatile memories and capacitors, organic thin film transistors in organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs), dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) among other electrical components that further boosts the market revenue. Extensive R&D activities are expected to improve copper metallization processes, which is anticipated to accelerate demand for deposition of first-row metal films and dielectric precursors onto the microelectronic devices, which paves new avenues to High-K and ALD/CVD metal precursors industry.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
Leading high-K and ALD CVD metal precursors market players adopt necessary methods to improve precision and functionality of advanced interconnect services in the semiconductor industry with a view to support strong growth of chiplets and heterogeneous integration.
Interconnect is a fabrication technique that uses Copper (Cu) or Aluminium (Al) for patterning metals as well as to introduce barrier metal layers to protect Silicon (Si) from potential damage in an Integrated Circuit (IC). High-K dielectric layers are increasingly prevalent in certain electronic components and devices, such as advanced Metal-Insulator-Metal (MIM) capacitors, DRAMs, organic thin film transistors, OLEDs, and non-volatile type of memory devices. The high-K metal gate technology is used for transistor scaling.
Surge in Use of Automotive and Industrial Applications
Atomic layer deposition (ALD) and chemical vapor deposition (CVD) are thin film deposition techniques, with ALD often considered a sub-set of CVD and both techniques depending on some sort of chemical reaction between substrate and material to be deposited. These processes are often used for producing thin films in the semiconductor industry. Over the past few years, use of high-k films deposited through thin film deposition methods such ALD and CVD have significantly increased, especially in the production of memory devices and high-k metal gates in logic devices.
Key Benefits of the Stakeholders
- The study gives an analytical overview of High-k and ALD CVD Metal Precursors market forecast with current trends and future estimations to determine imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed High-K and ALD CVD Metal Precursors market analysis.
- The current High-K and ALD CVD Metal Precursors market trends are quantitatively analyzed.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Wafer level packaging manufacturers are forced to shut down production operations, owing to government-imposed lockdown in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic, which has led to supply chain disruption of the whole chip manufacturing & supply industry.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has led to a shrink in demand for products powered by semiconductor devices. There is a halt in production of components, owing to the lockdown scenario. This has caused disruption in the overall supply chain of the global High-K and ALD CVD Metal Precursors market.
- Contrarily the High-K and ALD CVD metal precursors industry expects an opportunity in the unprecedented crisis as organizations begin to work-from-home and end-users begin to consume more content on digital platforms. This influences importance of storage and memory solutions such as compact, cost-efficient high-powered packaged ICs, and other semiconductor devices for data centers, laptops, and other devices.
- Companies manufacturing semiconductor device components are anticipated to revise production planning, sourcing strategy, and change industry dynamics to stimulate growth after lockdown restrictions are lifted.
Questions Answered in the High-K and ALD CVD Metal Precursors Market Research Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the High-K and ALD CVD metal precursors market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the High-K and ALD CVD metal precursors market size?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the High-K and ALD CVD metal precursors market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
High-K and ALD CVD Metal Precursors Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Tri Chemical Laboratories Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Nanmat Technology Co. Ltd., Air Liquide, Dow Chemicals, Merck Group, Praxair Technology Inc., TSI Incorporated, JSR Corp, Air Products and Chemicals Inc.