The diagnosis of HIV detects the presence of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), which causes the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). This is done by carrying out certain tests in serum, saliva, or urine samples. These tests may detect antibodies, antigens, or RNA. The increasing awareness about HIV, confidentiality of the test, and appropriate counseling increases the demand for this process.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the global HIV diagnosis market includes the increasing prevalence of HIV/AIDS worldwide, increasing number of blood transfusions & blood donations that cause infections, which lead to HIV, benefits offered by point-of-care instruments & kits, technological advancements, and increasing government initiatives. However, high costs of Nucleic Acid Testing (NAT) and lack of mandates for NAT in developing countries are the major factors that restrain the growth of this market. Recent advancements of simple rapid assays with visual testing and easy handling home sample collection techniques that can be used by health care workers and consumers at home has carved ways to expand this market.
This market has been classified by technology into antibody tests, viral load tests, CD4 tests, and early infant diagnosis tests. On the basis of application it has been segmented into diagnostic laboratories, home care settings, hospitals, and blood banks. Geographically, the market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
The key players in the HIV diagnosis market profiled in this report are Siemens-AG, Roche Diagnostics AG, Abbott Laboratories, Danaher Corporation, Thermo-Fisher Scientific Inc., Merck & Co., Becton-Dickinson and Company, Hologic, Inc., Alere Inc., and Bio-Rad Laboratories (U.S.).
- Market analysis for the global HIV diagnosis market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- It provides extensive information about the current and upcoming trends in the global HIV diagnosis market from 2016 to 2023, which helps find opportunities in this field.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, raising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- A wide-ranging knowledge & insights about the major players in this industry, along with the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Hiv Diagnosis Market Key Segments:
- Antibody Tests
- HIV-1 Screening Tests
- Rapid Tests
- Home Access Dried Blood Spot
- HIV-1 Confirmatory Tests
- Western Blot Tests
- Indirect Immune Fluorescent Antibody Assays (IFA)
- Line Immunoassays (LIA)
- Radio-Immunoprecipitation Assays (RIPA)
- HIV-2 & Group O Diagnostic Tests
- HIV-1 Screening Tests
- Viral Load Tests
- CD4 Tests
- Tests for Early Infant Diagnosis
- Tests for Viral Identification
- Diagnostic laboratories
- Blood Banks
- Home care settings
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA