Hopper Car Market Outlook :
The hopper car is a self-clearing enclosed railroad freight car with a fixed roof, sides, and ends with openings for loading through the roof and bottom openings for unloading. Covered hopper cars are designed for carrying dry bulk loads, varying from grain to products such as sand and clay. The cover protects the loads from the weather. Dry cement would be very hard to unload if mixed with water in transit, while grain would be likely to rot if exposed to rain. In addition, the diverse fleet of railcars carries a variety of dry bulk commodities. Some of these cars are product specific, while others serve a wide range of commodities. Consequently, the overall hopper car fleet has different and unique characteristics, and their performances are driven by independent economic and market forces. Understanding the overall Covered Hopper fleet requires a deep understanding of these individual segments within the fleet. The increasing demand for hopper vehicles across the globe is subjected to boost the growth of the hopper car market in the forecast period.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has made one thing clear: Not every manufacturer is going to come out of this crisis intact. If your business went into 2020 in an already weakened state, it’s going to show on the backside.
- As the supply chain ramps up the OEMs will gradually increase volumes. They will draw on their firsthand experiences from locations that have already have resumed operations to inform decisions in their market.
- The shutdown of OEM assembly plants has had a pronounced ripple effect on the rest of the industry, with thousands of suppliers and sub-suppliers being directly impacted.
- There will be a slow restarting of operations, first for the plants and then for suppliers, with the plants that support the most profitable vehicles being the first to come back online.
- The industry will face serious headwinds as restrictions on public life remain in effect and will continue to be in place for some time.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Some of the factors that boost demand for plastic goods and with the surplus in car size demand for new cars is also increasing is expected to spur the demand over the forecast period. However, environmental concerns are expected to restrain the use of plastic and plastic handling equipment is anticipated to hamper the growth of the market. Furthermore, Deliveries of small, large and jumbo covered hoppers are projected to open new possibilities for the market and is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market in the forecast period.
The hopper car market trends are as follows:
Demand for plastic goods
The plastic monomers are polymerized using chemical reactions and catalysts to form polymers and co-polymers and are turned into Polycarbonate (PC), Polyethylene (PE), Polystyrene (PS), PP, PVC, and other such polymerized materials. These materials possess far better properties than their respective monomers and are extremely stable for use in molding and fabrication. Improvements in recycling processes have forced manufacturers to use high-performance automotive plastics. Hence to further strengthen the supply of such polymerized plastic across the nations, demand for the hopper car market is expected to grow in the forecast period.
With the surplus in car size demand for new cars is also increasing
The soft construction market has stifled demand for small-cube hoppers used to move cement and other building products are railroads’ grain shipments, creating a small surplus in the grain car fleet and ethanol producers shipped fewer distillers dried grains (DDG). Therefore used fewer jumbo covered hoppers than expected because of a slight weakening in the ethanol industry. Moreover, the rail traffic likely will remain sluggish in the coming years as well in order to transport such amenities, hopper companies are increasing the size of their hoppers as per the requirements which in turn growing the hopper car market and is expected to grow further in the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the hopper car market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the hopper car market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the hopper car market scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed hopper car market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the hopper car market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the hopper car market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Hopper Car Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
SIMAR GmbH, UK Plastics Machinery Limited, Budzar Industries Inc, Summit Systems, Movacolor, PIOVAN S.p.A., Jenco Controls & Export Limited, Maguire Products Inc., Advanced Auxiliary Equipment Inc., Novatec