Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer (HRPCA) or Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer (CRPC), a type of prostate cancer that typically recurs after having hormonal therapy, is now under the spotlight in prostate cancer market. Due to the high unmet clinical need associated with limited survival periods, intensifying HRPCA prevalence and fast-emerging treatment modifications, the global HRPCA market is poised to witness an unprecedented growth.
A promising drug pipeline, evolving treatment patterns and augmented patient awareness are the factors that would largely drive the market growth. Further, untapped patient population in the Asia Pacific region would lead to a large uptake of these treatments. On the other hand, premium pricing of HRPCA drugs, uncertain reimbursement policies and limited survival periods are likely to curtail the market growth.
Notably, physicians reluctance towards adoption of these premium treatments would remain a key challenge for the leading innovators. However, the untapped non-metastatic CRPC market would open new avenues for the new and existing companies. Additionally, emerging economies with undiagnosed patient population and mounting prevalence would provide growth opportunities in future.
The market is expected to register substantial growth attributed to the strategies adopted by leading market players. One of the key strategies adopted is collaboration agreement. For instance, in 2009, Astellas Pharma Inc. entered into an agreement with Medivation, Inc. to co-develop and co-commercialize MDV3100 (now Xtandi) for the treatment of HRPCA.
To provide a detailed market assessment, the report segments the HRPCA market on the basis of therapy type and geography. Based on therapy type, the market is segmented across various levels such as Chemotherapy, Hormonal Therapy, Immunotherapy and Radiation Therapy. The report covers a geographic breakdown and a detailed analysis of each of the aforesaid segments across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA.
A comprehensive competitive analysis and the profiles of major market players such as Astellas Inc., Sanofi S.A, Dendreon Corporation, Bayer AG, Johnson & Johnson, and others are also provided in the report.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global HRPCA market
- The HRPCA market scenario is comprehensively analysed in accordance with the key regions and leading countries
- Extensive research is done for the market by therapy type which instils a clear understanding regarding the currently used chemotherapy and hormonal therapy drugs and evolving role of immunotherapies and radiopharmaceuticals
- The report covers the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
- The studies evaluating competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account in this report to help in understanding the competitive environment across the geographies
- A detailed SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
- Owing to an emerging pipeline in the HRPCA market, clinical studies have also been taken into account to better understand the market potential and opportunities
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practises followed by leading market players across geographies
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The Global HRPCA market segmentation is illustrated below:
HRPCA Market By Therapy Type
- Cytotoxic Agents
- Hormonal Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
HRPCA Market By Geography
- North America