A hospital gown is a short collarless gown that is tied in the back, which is worn by patients being treated or examined in a doctor's clinic or a hospital and by surgeons who are going to perform surgeries. Hospital gowns are made from fabrics such as cotton so that they can withstand repeated laundering in hot water. These gowns help improve the sanitation of the hospital. Other materials used to make hospital gowns include thin plastic and paper. Some hospital gowns even have snaps on the top of sleeves and shoulder so that they can be removed without moving the intravenous lines on a patient's arms.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in the Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in December, 2019. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing a shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccines and treatment drugs for COVID-19.
With the outbreak of COVID-19, the supply chain of the raw materials required to manufacture hospital gowns has been disrupted in many countries. In addition, the market growth of hospital gowns is also declining as the manufacturers of these gowns have slowed down their production due to the pandemic. Therefore, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the hospital gowns market.
Top Impacting Factors
The number of surgical procedures done all across the world is increasing day by day. In order to maintain sanitation during these procedures, hospital gowns play a major role. This factor is hence acting as a growth factor for the hospital gowns market.
The incidences of hospital-acquired infections have increased due to lack of precaution and sanitation,. This is one of the leading factors attributing to the growth of the hospital gowns market.
In addition, the number of cases of chronic illnesses such as cancer, diabetes, and many other autoimmune cases is also increasing due to the adoption of a sedentary and unhealthy lifestyle and other factors. Hence, increase in hospital admissions further helps the hospital gowns market to grow.
Moreover, rise in incidents of burns, road accidents, and trauma events worldwide are also leading to more hospital admissions. During treatment, medical gowns play an important role hence these factors also help the hospital gowns market growth.
However, some patients avoid hospital admissions as they cannot bear healthcare expenditure. This can impede the growth of the hospital gowns market.
Key Market Trends
The patients' gown segment of the hospital gowns market is anticipated to witness a high growth rate during the forecast period owing to an increase in hospital admissions due to increase in cases of chronic illnesses all across the world.
The key players in the hospital gowns market are focusing on mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations with each other. For instance, Care+Wear, Inc. collaborated with Medstar, Inc. to design innovative patient gowns.
The surgical gowns segment is also expected to lead the hospital gowns market as these gowns are worn by surgeons during major surgeries. In addition, the number of people requiring surgeries for illnesses like cancer can help the hospital gowns market to grow.
Asia-Pacific hospital gowns market is projected to grow at a high rate during the forecast period owing to the increased cases of diabetic foot ulcers which require surgery. People are more open to hospitalize themselves and get proper medical care attributed to rise in awareness in this region,.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the hospital gowns industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the hospital gowns market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the hospital gowns market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Hospital Gowns Report
- Which are the leading players active in the hospital gowns market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period?
- What are the adoption trends for the hospital gowns market in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps in the market?
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 on the industry?
- What are hospital gowns?
- What are the current and predicted trends of the market?
Hospital Gowns Market Report Highlights
By Gown Type
By Protection level
By End User
Key Market Players
3M Company, Aramark, Dynarex Corporation, PRIMED Medical Products, Inc., Standard Textile Co., Inc., AmeriPride Services Inc., Cardinal Health, Angelica Corporation, Stryker, Medline Industries, Inc.