The hotel industry is a subset of the hospitality industry that focuses on providing lodging services to consumers. There are many different sorts of hotels, which can be classified on the basis of their size, function, service, and pricing. Limited-service, mid-range service, and full-service are the three most common levels of services. Some customers, on the other hand, may be more familiar with the star rating system, in which one is the lowest and five is the highest. Business, casino, spa, extended stay, bed & breakfast, and other categories are among the functions available. In recent years, an increasing number of individuals around the world have begun to regard travel as an essential element of their lives. Over the last five years, both leisure and corporate travel expenses have increased year over year. The hotel industry has profited from this inflow of passengers as well, with YoY growth that peaked in recent years before declining with the advent of the corona virus pandemic. The hotel sector is likely to rise in the future years as the travel and tourist industry recovers from the epidemic.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 has impacted every industry throughout the world, with the hotel industry being one of the hardest effected. The epidemic has posed an unprecedented challenge to the hotel industry.
Community lockdowns, social distancing, stay-at-home orders, travel and mobility restrictions, and other strategies to flatten the COVID-19 curve have resulted in the temporary closure of many hospitality businesses and a significant decrease in demand for businesses that were allowed to continue to operate.
- However, the reopening process has begun gradually, and authorities have begun to relax restrictions, such as allowing dine-in restaurants to reopen at a reduced capacity while adhering to rigorous social distancing norms, and progressively easing restrictions on internal and foreign travel. This will provide the market a boost in the following days.
Top Impacting Factors
Inflows of international tourists and domestic tourist mobility are predicted to increase as international sporting events, trade fairs, and exhibitions become more common. This is what propels the global hotel market.
Over the projection period, major factors such as improving domestic traveler buying power parity, developing airline industry, increasing foreign tourist arrivals, and loosened visa regulations would drive the Hotel Market.
To increase online reservations, improve the return on advertising spend, better understand guest preferences, and build stronger customer relationships, leading hotel companies are leveraging advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, IoT and near-field communication, mobile payment, and data analytics. Over the forecast period, these technologies are expected to generate profitable prospects for the market.
However, a dearth of rooms and high labor costs are severe concerns for the hotel business, which is already dealing with an employment shortage and finding it difficult to keep existing employees due to cheap switching costs. This could limit market expansion.
Increase in emphasize on the importance of safety
- One of the most significant trends in hotel marketing is the growing requirement to emphasize safety and hygiene in marketing content and visitor communications. Travelers, after all, require guarantees that you are concerned about the possibility of COVID and are taking precautions to keep them as safe as feasible.
- When it comes to booking decisions, hygiene and safety regulations are at the top of customers' minds, and how well you convey the efforts you've done can easily be the difference between generating sales and failing to do so. Your efforts must be publicized on your website, third-party platforms, emails, and other channels.
Increase in demand for leisure trips
- Some hotels concentrate much of their marketing efforts on business travelers, but a combination of travel restrictions, work-from-home policies, restrictions on large gatherings, and general uncertainty has resulted in the cancellation of many business events and a significant reduction in overall business travel. The pandemic, on the other hand, has taken its toll on people, and many are begging for a respite.
- As a result, while travelers may be more hesitant to travel than in the past, demand for vacations remains strong. With this in mind, hoteliers may want to consider putting a greater emphasis on leisure-based marketing communication.
Shift in Travelers from International to Local
- Another hotel trend to be aware of is a greater concentration on domestic rather than international clients. Travel restrictions imposed during the COVID crisis effected this, as they either banned travel or imposed quarantine requirements on travelers to and from specific nations.
- This could entail emphasizing various components of your hotel, such as gym facilities, Wi-Fi access, and the opportunity to work remotely from your hotel room or designated work locations. Some hotels have dabbled in services like meal delivery, and you might set yourself apart by bringing a dining experience to guests' doorsteps via additional services like Spotify.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the hotel industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the hotel market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the hotel market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed hotel market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the hotel market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Hotel" Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "Hotel" Market?
Hotels Market Report Highlights
By Hotel Type
By Price Level
By Room Capacity
Key Market Players
Hilton Worldwide Holdings, Inc., Wyndham Destinations, Inc, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Best Western International, Inc, InterContinental Hotels Group PLC, Marriott International, Inc., Radisson Hospitality A.B, Accor S.A, Choice Hotels International, Inc